Sunday, January 22, 2012

Our Orchard!!!

What do you do after you get 3.3 inches of rain in 36 hours?   Wait for the sun to come out, dig holes and plant an orchard!
Looking North
Looking South

                                             
We planted.....
1-Seckel Pear
1- Craig's Crimpson Cherry
1 Empire Apple
1- Braeburn Apple
1- (4 in 1) July Elberta Peach, Independence Nectarine, Late Santa Rosa Plum, and Blenheim Apricot
2- Blueberry (O'Neal, Blueray)
1- Ruby Seedless Grape
10- Heritage Red Raspberries

Yeah, We're so excited!   I got the holes dug while my Soldier worked this weekend. Then we got our plants from "Bald Mountain Nursery".  We then planted them, finishing with a flashlight about 6:30!

I hope we are able to eat lots of fruit before we move in a few years :)  I can't wait to eat fresh fruit. Oh wait, I don't have to wait.  Did you know that Lemons, Oranges, and Grapefruit grow year round?   My friend Lyn and I were able to pick some, from a lady who has a sheep ranch a few miles from here.   Delicious!!!!     Terry, Thanks for your generosity!!! 

I'm thankful that God has blessed us with a variety to choose from!  In primary today, I held up a bag of lemons and a bag with a variety of fruits and veggies in it.  Then I asked the kids, "If your mom asked you to choose one of these bags to eat all week, which would you choose?"  One kids picked the lemons... 'cause they're sweet and juicy'.  The rest picked the bag with a variety inside. I can't imagine the world without all the wonderful plants and things to eat!   God is great!  I'm thankful that Heavenly Father and Jesus created the earth as a place where I can learn to choose the right and that we have the Holy Ghost to help guide us!  I hope that God is pleased with us as we take care of our new orchard and continue to improve the land here.

No comments:

Post a Comment