Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Microwave Popcorn - homemade


Place 1/4 c. of unpopped Popcorn Kernels (and a dab of butter and seasonings, if desired) in a 1.5 qt. microwave safe bowl and cover with a microwave safe lid or microwave safe plate.
Put in microwave on high until done popping.  (1-2 pops per second, or just watch if it is in a clear bowl)   My microwave took 3 minutes, 15 seconds.


 I did about 1/2 tsp. butter and couldn't even taste it.   Guess I'll have to make caramel corn :)

Here's a few tips that I found...   

    "For those of you having problems burning the popcorn in the microwave before all the kernels are popped…  I invert a saucer (like you’d set a coffee cup on) in the microwave and put the bowl on top of it. I don’t know why this works but it does. It seems only certain microwave ovens burn prematurely – I’ve only ever had one that burned the kernels before they were all done and the inverted saucer fixed the problem."


"One reason kernels don’t pop is because they don’t contain enough water to produce the steam required to get them to pop.If you soak your kernels in a bowl of water for a few minutes then dry them off on a towel before you begin popping, you’ll get a much better pop corn to kernel ratio."





.....

No comments:

Post a Comment