Monday, January 1, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 1-10

      Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

1

1 Nephi 1:5 ...my (Nephi’s) Father, Lehi, as he went forth prayed unto the Lord; …


We can visit with God anywhere and anytime. Listen for Him talking to you today.

God, Thanks for the gift of prayer __.

2

1 Nephi 1:14. [God], …thy power, and goodness, and mercy are over ALL the inhabitants of the earth; …

God wants what is best for all of us. How can you help others be aware of His goodness today? How has God mercifully blessed you?

God, Thanks for Your generous mercy and goodness! Today I noticed __.

3

1 Nephi 1:20 … the tender mercies of the Lord, are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance (salvation and redemption).

How can we act with faith today and be mighty?

.God, today I was able to (do this mighty thing) with Your help even though it seemed too tough on my own. Thank you.

4

1 Nephi 2:12, … they (Laman and Lemuel) did murmur because they knew not the dealings of that God who had created them.

How can whining or complaining make it harder for you to focus on Jesus Christ and make it harder to learn.

...Father, today, trying to use calm words and tones changed my day by __.

5

1 Nephi 2:20 And inasmuch as you shall keep my commandments, you shall prosper, and shall be led to a land of promise; yea, even a land which I (God) have prepared for you; yea, a land which is choice above all other lands.

What commandment can you strive harder to keep in order to obtain God’s blessings that he wants to give you?

...God, the commandment that I struggle with keeping is __. Please help me obey.

6

1 Nephi 3:16 Wherefore, let us be faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord…

How can we help each other to keep our faith in Jesus Christ strong?

...God, today my faith was strengthened as I chose to help __. Thanks for that opportunity.

7

1 Nephi 3:29 …Why do ye (Laman and Lemuel) smite your younger brother with a rod? Know ye not that the Lord hath chosen him to be a ruler over you, and this because of your iniquities?

How can you be a better example today to all around you?

...God, today I was trying to be a better example when __. Thank You for many good examples in my life, such as...

8

1 Nephi 4:6 And I (Nephi) was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.

When have you recognized the spirit prompting you to do or not do something?

...Visit with God and thank Him for the Holy Spirit. Tell him how The Spirit influenced your day.

9

1 Nephi 4:31 And now I, Nephi, …received much strength of the Lord,

 How does knowing about God's plan for you and knowing that you're His child give you strength?

...Visit with God and thank Him for something specific that helped you make a right choice today. 

10

1 Nephi 5:10 And after they had given thanks unto the God of Israel, my father, Lehi, took the records which were engraven upon the plates of brass, and he did search them from the beginning.

When has reading the scriptures brought you peace?  Share with someone how reading your scriptures today influenced your day. 

Visit with God and thank Him for all the folks who made the scriptures available for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment