Monday, January 1, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Intro Pages i-xii

       Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                   Reference                                                 My Thoughts

i

The Title Page

The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ

Another testimony is added to the many testimonies in the Bible. What is a truth you’ve learned about Jesus? Share your testimony with someone today!

...God, thanks for these truths I know __.

ii

Title Page of the Book of Mormon

Paragraph 2

...JESUS is the CHRIST

The English word Christ is from a Greek word meaning "anointed" and is the same as the Hebrew and Aramaic term "the Messiah." Anointed means consecrated (made sacred) and chosen by God for a special job or purpose. As we take upon ourselves the name of Christ, we help Him accomplish His purpose. ...God, today I was able to help you by __.

vii

Introduction

The Book of Mormon...tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come."

Peace is a feeling of calm, quiet, and togetherness. What things can we do to help us or others around us to feel calm, safe, and part of Christ's team?

...God, today I felt peace when __.

Viii

Testimony of 3 Witnesses and 8 Witnesses

"The voice of the Lord commanded us (Oliver, David, and Martin) that we should bear record of it (seeing the golden plates); wherefore, to be obedient unto the commandments of God, we bear testimony of these things."

What is one thing God has asked us to do that is hard for you to accomplish?

God, I thank Thee for... giving me strength and courage to do your will and for supporting me through my daily challenges.

ix

Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith, part 1

paragraph 5

"I (Joseph) was afraid; but fear soon left me."

What are some things that cause us to be afraid? What are some things that bring us peace?

.Heavenly Father, today I kept your peace near me as I pushed out my fear of ___ by choosing to __. Thanks for your help!

x

Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith, part 2

paragraph 4 "I must have no other object in view in getting the plates but to glorify God, and must not be influenced by any other motive than that of building His kingdom; otherwise I could not get them."

 You can be the answer to someone's prayer... if you will let God guide you.

...God, today I noticed opportunities to be Your hands and feet on earth to bless the lives of others so they could feel Your love when __.

xi

Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith, part 3

paragraphs 5, 6 "...if I would use all my endeavors to preserve them (the gold plates), until he, the messenger, should call for them, they should be protected. ...by the wisdom of God, they remained safe in my hands, until I had accomplished by them what was required at my hand."

What one thing will you try to do for God today with ALL your might?  ... if you can't think of a specific thing, try to be more observant through the day and when you get an idea of some good thing you can do, try!

Father, today I noticed __. Thanks for helping me to see other’s needs.

xii

Brief Explanation about the Book of Mormon

paragraph 5 ..."Many quotations from these plates, citing Isaiah and other biblical and NONBIBLICAL prophets, appear in The Book of Mormon"

God has used prophets to bless us, warn us, and strengthen our faith.. What are some things you've been wondering about, yet haven't got the answer to? … God, thanks for the opportunity to learn for myself if specific things are true and for Your guidance in the big and little things in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment