Monday, January 1, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 11-20

       Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                         Reference                                          My Thoughts

11

1 Nephi 5:14  …Jacob, who was sold into Egypt, and who was preserved by the hand of the Lord, that he might preserve his father, Jacob, and all his household from perishing with famine.

God has a plan for each of us. What is one thing God wants you to do to bless others?

...Father, today I let You use me to help others when __. Thanks for guiding me and trusting me to do it.

12

1 Nephi 7: 5  And it came to pass that the Lord did soften the heart of Ishmael…


What are you still doing that you know you shouldn't do? How can choosing to stop doing this thing bless you and others?

...Father, today when I tried to be more willing and obedient, I noticed __. Thanks for examples of obedient followers of Jesus. 

13

1 Nephi 7:12  the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him…


Share an example from the scriptures when God has done great things because of someone's faith.  

...Father, I tried to have more faith today. Some things I did differently were __.

14

1 Nephi 8: 12  And as I (Lehi) partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also…

Think of a time when you experienced something amazing and just had to share the good news with someone.   How would your life be different without the gospel?

...Father, today when I remembered the joy of the gospel __.

15

1 Nephi 8: 21  And I saw numberless concourses of people, many of whom were pressing forward, that they might obtain the path…


Who have you met in life that you would be sad if they weren't able to experience eternal joy with you after this earth life?

Visit with God about the people you want to be with you in heaven and pray for His strength to help you and them get there!

16

1 Nephi 8: 33 And great was the multitude (those who were mocking us)…; but we heeded them not.


Think of a time when you didn't pay attention to someone because you wanted to do something so much that you were able to stay focused. 

...God, I chose to ignore Satan's temptations today. Visit with God and thank Him for the ability to stay on His path to get back home. 

17

1 Nephi 10:3 according to the own due time of the Lord,…


Why is it hard to be patient and hopefully wait when you want something to happen now?

...Father, when I felt impatient today, something I did to stay more hopeful and focus on God's plan of happiness was __. Visit with God and thank Him for the gift of hope. 

18

1 Nephi 10:17  …he (Lehi) spake by the power of the Holy Ghost, which power he received by faith on the Son of God—and the Son of God was the Messiah who should come—I, Nephi, was desirous also that I might see, and hear, and know of these things, by the power of the Holy Ghost, which is the gift of God unto all those who diligently seek him,…

  The words we speak should be words that followers of Christ would say. How can remembering this help us choose our words more carefully?

...Visit with God about your day and the words you used. Thank Him for the ability to control your tongue. 

19

1 Nephi 11:1 For it came to pass after I (Nephi) had desired to know the things that my father had seen, and believing that the Lord was able to make them known unto me, as I sat pondering in mine heart I was caught away in the Spirit of the Lord

This is how we can receive revelation…1- want to know, 2- believe we can get an answer, and 3- ponder (think).

...Visit with God about something you want to know. Study His words and take time to ponder.

20

1 Nephi 11:22-23 ... the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; ... is the most desirable above all things. And he (the angel) spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the most joyous to the soul.

What is one of the most special things you own? God’s love is more special than that! We should want his love more than all the things we own, or could own.

...God, today I tried to put you above all the earthly things around me by __.


No comments:

Post a Comment