Monday, January 1, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 21-30

      Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

21

1 Nephi 11:28 And I beheld that he (Jesus) went forth ministering unto the people, in power and great glory;

When we are on God’s errand, He will strengthen and support us!


...God, today I intentionally helped these people __ by __.

22

1 Nephi 12:10 ...And, behold, they (Jesus apostles) are righteous forever; for because of their faith in the Lamb of God their garments are made white in his blood.

Our faith in Jesus will help us change and become more pure.

...Father, today I tried to improve by __.

23

1 Nephi 12:17 ...the temptations of the devil, which blindeth the eyes, and hardeneth the hearts of the children of men, and leadeth them away into broad roads, that they perish and are lost.

No good thing comes from Satan. How can I recognize if a choice is a temptation?

...Father, thanks for the guidance of the Holy Spirit to help me recognize temptations and for giving me the strength to choose Your path.

24

1 Nephi 13:12 ...I (Nephi) beheld the Spirit of God, that it came down and wrought upon the man (Christopher Columbus); and he went forth...

God uses simple folks like us to do much good. Let the Spirit of God guide you and be willing to do tough things for Him.

...God, thanks for trusting me enough to do your work.

25

1 Nephi 13:26 And after they (the records) go forth by the hand of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, from the Jews unto the Gentiles, thou seest the formation of that great and abominable church, which is most abominable above all other churches; for behold, they have taken away from the gospel of the Lamb many parts which are plain and most precious; and also many covenants of the Lord have they taken away.

We are blessed to have the Book of Mormon and the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible to help us understand the Gospel.

...Father, I thank thee for restoring thy truths and for the many folks who’ve made the scriptures so readily available to us.

26

1 Nephi 13: 37  And blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, for they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost; and if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb; ...

Zion is a place where God would dwell! Today I will try to make whatever place I am in a place where God would feel comfortable.

...God, I think you would have been comfortable spending time with me when __.

27

1 Nephi 13: 40 And the angel spake unto me, saying: These last records, which thou hast seen among the Gentiles, shall establish the truth of the first, which are of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, and shall make known the plain and precious things which have been taken away from them; and shall make known to all kindreds, tongues, and people, that the Lamb of God is the Son of the Eternal Father, and the Savior of the world; and that all men must come unto him, or they cannot be saved.

We are blessed to have the records of prophets and apostles in both the Bible and the Book of Mormon. We also have modern day revelation from Joseph Smith until today. What is one thing you’ve learned that helps you to stay on God’s path?

...Father in Heaven, Thank you for helping me learn about my Savior and how to come back home to thee!

28

1 Nephi 14:10 ...Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil;…

Satan tries to deceive us, but we can know for ourselves if the church we attend is God’s true church or one of Satan’s attempts at deceit.

...Father, I thank thee for helping me find thy church. Please help me to keep learning your truths.

29

1 Nephi 14:14 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory.

We make covenants with God when we are baptized and in His temples. How has making covenants helped you feel God’s power and be more righteous?

...Father, today you helped me stay righteous and stronger than I could have been without your help when __.

30

1 Nephi 15:8 And I (Nephi) said unto them (his brothers): Have ye  inquired of the Lord?

God wants to visit with us and help us… He’s just waiting for us to come and ask with sincerity.

...Father, something I’ve been wanting to visit with you about is __.


No comments:

Post a Comment