Monday, January 1, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 31-40

       Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

31

1 Nephi 15:11 Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you.

After we ask God, we’ve got to be willing to search and work to help ourselves find truth and be willing to change our habits if needed.

...Father, something I feel I should do and am willing to try to do better is __. This will help me come back to you by __.

32

1 Nephi 15:24  And I (Nephi)said unto them (his brothers) that it (the rod of iron) was the word of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would hold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction.

God, your words teach us many things that are different from the way a lot of people do things. Some things I have been taught I can do so I can overcome Satan’s temptations and have eternal joy are __.

...God, I chose not to do__ today and did __ instead. It felt __ and I discovered __.

33

1 Nephi 16:3 And now my brethren, if ye were righteous and were willing to hearken to the truth, and give heed unto it, that ye might walk uprightly before God, then ye would not murmur because of the truth, and say: Thou speakest hard things against us.

When I find myself complaining, I can ask myself if this thing I’m complaining about would help me and others walk righteously to God.


.Father, I recognized I complained about __.

34

1 Nephi 16:8 (Line 4) -...And also, I, Nephi, had been blessed of the Lord exceedingly.

We are blessed! Make a list today of all the ways you are blessed. Share with someone what some of your blessings are.

...Father, thank you for these blessings you’ve given me in my life __. (share your list with God!)

35

1 Nephi 16:28-29 ...they (the Liahona arrows) did work according to the faith and diligence and heed which we did give unto them. And there was also written upon them a new writing, which was plain to be read, which did give us understanding concerning the ways of the Lord; and it was written and changed from time to time, according to the faith and diligence which we gave unto it. And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things.

What can I do to better hear, and show by my actions, that I understand God’s promptings? I can look over the General Conference highlights and see what things I can improve and what I am succeeding at!

...Father, thank thee for guiding us all throughout this journey of life. Please help me strengthen my faith as I try to be faithful to thee.

36

1 Nephi 17:2 And so great were the blessings of the Lord upon us,

Today as you face trials, think of some blessings that can help you overcome that specific trial.

...Father, thanks for the blessings of __.

37

1 Nephi 17:7 l. ...Arise, and get thee into the mountain. And it came to pass that I (Nephi) arose and went

When God asks us to do things, how can we show our faith and willingness to obey as quickly as Nephi?

...Father, today I felt inspired to do ___ and I tried do it by __.

38

1 Nephi 17:19 ...and now when they (Laman and Lemuel) saw that I (Nephi) began to be sorrowful they were glad in their hearts, insomuch that they did rejoice over me,

Let us not be like this. Let us strive to help lift each other in the challenges of each day.

...Father, today I chose to be a helper when I __.

39

1 Nephi 17:35 Behold, the Lord esteemeth all flesh in one; he that is righteous is favored of God.

As you look at others today, think to yourself… this in one of God’s special kids, my siblings, that chose in Heaven to follow Jesus, the same as me.

...Father, today I saw (name the people) having a hard time with __ or being a good example by__.

40

1 Nephi 17:50 And I (Nephi)said unto them (his brothers)If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done.

When we are helping God and doing His will, we have power beyond our understanding. What has God asked you to do that you are going to try harder at today?

.. God, today I tried to __.


No comments:

Post a Comment