Monday, January 1, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 41-50

       Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

41

1 Nephi 18:3 And I, Nephi, did go into the mount oft, and I did pray oft unto the Lord; wherefore the Lord showed unto me great things.

Are we willing to take the time to visit with God and listen and talk WITH Him? Try to take time throughout the day to be alone with God.

...Father, I felt your peace today when __.

42

1 Nephi 18:11,16 And it came to pass that Laman and Lemuel did take me (Nephi) and bind me with cords, and they did treat me with much harshness; nevertheless, the Lord did suffer (allow) it that he might show forth his power, unto the fulfilling of his word which he had spoken concerning the wicked….. Nevertheless, I did look unto my God, and I did praise him all the day long; and I did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions.

How can we keep an eternal perspective and “Think celestial”!

...Heavenly Father, today I chose not to complain when __.  I felt your strength and peace which helped me to be more positive when __. Thanks for your help today, Heavenly Father!

43

1 Nephi 18:24 ...yea, we (Lehi and Ishmael’s families) did put all our seeds into the earth, ...

They showed amazing faith and were committed to be all-in. How can we be all-in with doing God’s will today?

...Father, I’m going to be more faithful to thee by choosing to __.

44

1 Nephi 19:9 ….he (Jesus) suffereth it (the world judging Him), because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men.

Jesus is able to love us all in a way I don’t completely understand. I’ll try harder to be kind and more hopeful by remembering His example and mercy.

...Father, thanks for Jesus’ and thy love for me. I was more kind today when I __.

45

1 Nephi 19:17 Yea, and all the earth shall see the salvation of the Lord, saith the prophet; every nation, kindred, tongue and people shall be blessed.

How can we help the world to be blessed by the knowledge we have about our Savior and Father in Heaven?

...Father, today I helped bless others by __. (my example of, these words, something I didn’t do...etc)

46

1 Nephi 19:23 And I (Nephi) did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning.

God wants us to all learn and be blessed by following His path. He knows all, created all, and loves us all.

...Father, today I chose to do what I believe would be pleasing to you. I chose to __.

47

1 Nephi 20:13 Mine (Jesus) hand hath also laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens. I call unto them and they stand up together.

How can we be as obedient as the elements of the earth?

...Father, today I chose to quickly choose the right and obey when I __.

48

1 Nephi 21:5 And now, saith the Lord— that formed me from the womb that I should be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him—though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength.

God created us all for a purpose..to use our time to help Him and others. Am I wasting some of my time and energy each day for things of no value?

...God, today I’m going to do __ instead of __. It will be a better use of my time here on earth because __. Thanks for helping me see a better way.

49

1 Nephi 21:14,16 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not. 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

God, I read that you’re aware of me personally and sometimes I feel alone. Help me recognize your awareness of me today.

...Father, I felt your love, peace and support when__.

50

1 Nephi 22:2 ...by the Spirit are all things made known unto the prophets, which shall come upon the children of men according to the flesh.

If things are made know by the Spirit, we need to think, speak, and act in ways that we can recognize the promptings from the Spirit.

...Father, when I was ___ the Spirit told me __. Thanks for reaching out to guide and help me.


No comments:

Post a Comment