Monday, January 1, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 51-60

       Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

51

1 Nephi 22:12 ...they (the descendants of Israel) shall know that the Lord is their Savior and their Redeemer, the Mighty One of Israel.

How would you describe Jesus to someone who’s never heard of Him? How will you recognize Him when you see Him?

...Father, here’s what I know about Jesus __. Thanks for helping me get to know Him and You better!

52

1 Nephi 22:26  And because of the righteousness of his people, Satan has no power; wherefore, he cannot be loosed for the space of many years; for he hath no power over the hearts of the people, for they dwell in righteousness, and the Holy One of Israel reigneth.

Satan gets power over us when we give it to him. When we are righteous, he cannot gain any power.

...Father, I chose to keep the power you’ve given me and not give into Satan’s temptations today when __.

53

1 Nephi 22:31 Wherefore, ye need not suppose that I and my father are the only ones that have testified, and also taught them (the commandments). Wherefore, if ye shall be obedient to the commandments, and endure to the end, ye shall be saved at the last day...

Think of the many amazing examples you’ve seen in your life. Try to be an obedient example today.

...Father, thanks for the examples of __ in my life. Today I tried to be more obedient. I want to be with you in Heaven forever. Help me to continue to be obedient to you!

54

2 Nephi 1:10 But behold, when the time cometh that they shall dwindle in unbelief, after they have received so great blessings from the hand of the Lord—having a knowledge of the creation of the earth, and all men, knowing the great and marvelous works of the Lord from the creation of the world; having power given them to do all things by faith; having all the commandments from the beginning, and having been brought by his infinite goodness into this precious land of promise—behold, I say, if the day shall come that they will reject the Holy One of Israel, the true Messiah, their Redeemer and their God, behold, the judgments of him that is just shall rest upon them.

Think of some truths you’ve been taught and learned. How have these truths given you more faith?


Father, I tried to be faithful to the truths I’ve been taught by __.

55

2 Nephi 1:15 But behold, the Lord hath redeemed my (Lehi’s) soul from hell; I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love.

I look forward to being wrapped in a hug from my Savior and Heavenly Father and Mother!

...God, thanks for the hope that I can keep trying to improve so I can come home to all y’all! Please forgive me for __. I’m gonna try again tomorrow!

56

2 Nephi 2:2 ...thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain.

How can I go through today’s trials with hope and no murmuring?

...Father, today was hard because life is a test. Some things that helped me stay hopeful and keep an eternal perspective were __.

57

2 Nephi 2:11 For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.

We feel lots of emotions because there are opposites in life. Think of times when you have felt these emotions (happy, sad, good, bad, scared, hopeful, confident, worthless, and loved)

...Father, each time I felt an emotion, I thought about why that emotion was there. Then I focused on Jesus and the joy and hope that I feel when I know he came to earth, suffered for my sins and sorrows, conquered death, lives and loves me, and will help me come home to you! Thank You!

58

2 Nephi 2:14 ...there is a God, and he hath created all things, both the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are, both things to act and things to be acted upon.

Everything on earth is here for a specific purpose.

...Father, some things that give me joy are__. Some things that are unpleasant, that help me remember Thee are__. I’m going to try to fulfill my purpose on earth by __.

59

2 Nephi 2:24 But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things.

God knows all and has all power. When we learn, we become more like Him. What do you want to learn about? Where or to whom can you look for truth about that or different topics?

...Father, today I chose to be more intentional with my time. I discovered __.

60

2 Nephi 3:8 And I (God) will give unto him (Joseph Smith) a commandment that he shall do none other work, save the work which I shall command him. And I will make him great in mine eyes; for he shall do my work.

Am I great in God’s eyes because I do His work instead of what my natural self wants?

...Father, I chose to do your will today when I chose to do __ instead of ___. I felt __. Thanks for helping me improve and do better.


No comments:

Post a Comment