Monday, January 1, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 61-70

       Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

61

2 Nephi 3:17 ...Yet I (God)will not loose his (Moses) tongue, that he shall speak much, for I will not make him mighty in speaking. But I will write unto him my law, by the finger of mine own hand; and I will make a spokesman for him.

We each have our own work to do and it’s good that we’re not exactly the same as others. As long as we’re trying to put God first in our thoughts, actions, and words, we are doing what is right!

...God, I want you to use me to do your will and to help others. Please help me recognize your guidance.

62

2 Nephi 3:24 ...do much good, both in word and in deed, being an instrument in the hands of God, with exceeding faith, to work mighty wonders, and do that thing which is great in the sight of God, ....

Think of different instruments pr tools and how they make our lives so much easier! What would God have you do as His instrument?

...God, I think some things you want me to do are __.  I will try and I know you will help me!

63

2 Nephi 4:19-20 ...I (Nephi) know in whom I have trusted. My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions

Think about times when you’ve felt God’s love and peace. Look back over your journals. Share with someone a time that you were strengthened.

..God, thank you for these times when I’ve felt your love and peace! They’ve helped my faith stay strong.

64

2 Nephi 4:24 And by day have I (Nephi) waxed bold in mighty prayer before him; yea, my voice have I sent up on high; and angels came down and ministered unto me.

When we choose to visit WITH God about the big and little things, we will receive strength from him!

...Visit with God about big and small things in your day, year, and life. Take time to be quiet and think, then continue to visit with Him. Take your time.

65

2 Nephi 5:5 And it came to pass that the Lord did warn me (Nephi),...

God wants to guide, teach, and help us. Try to be aware of God helping us through the Spirit and other people.

...God, thanks for helping me today. I recognized your help when __.

66

2 Nephi 5:17 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, did cause my people to be industrious, and to labor with their hands.

God wants us to work and do our best. Try to give your best effort to each activity you that you do today, no matter how big or small the task is.

Share with God what you noticed as you did different tasks with your best effort.

67

2 Nephi 5:27 And it came to pass that we (Nephi’s family and friends) lived after the manner of happiness.

What gives us true happiness? How can “thinking celestial” help our perspective and choices lead us to happiness today?

...Father, today I was happy, in spite of (what situation) because I focused on __.

68

2 Nephi 6:7 ...thou shalt know that I am the Lord; for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.

Why do we feel embarrassed or afraid to speak of Christ or do what we feel He would want us to? Is it Satan’s way of causing trouble?

...Father, today I felt hesitant or embarrassed to __, but I chose to do what I felt was right and __.

69

2 Nephi 6:17 ...For thus saith the Lord: I will contend with them that contendeth with thee -

Listen to the song “Our God” by Chris Tomlin or think of the story of David and Goliath.. God supported David in many trials throughout his life!

...God, thank you for being by my side as I face each and every struggle in this life. With you, I can stand with courage and conquer the dark.

70

2 Nephi 7:5-7 The Lord God hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back. I gave my back to the smiter, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair. I hid not my face from shame and spitting. For the Lord God will help me, therefore shall I not be confounded. Therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

How can I become more firm in following God the first time without being hesitant or rebellious?

...God, it’s hard for me to change my ways and you know that. You can see me trying to improve, making mistakes, and trying again. I know I messed up when __. Thanks for allowing me time, energy, and breath to keep trying to be your faithful follower.


No comments:

Post a Comment