Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 81-90

       Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

81

2 Nephi 12:3 ...let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths;

In the temple, we learn more of God’s ways. Review the temple recommend questions. How can you stay worthy to attend God’s temple?

...God, thank you for temples all around the world and for the help your gospel brings to me.

82

2 Nephi 12:17 And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low; and the Lord alone shall be exalted in that day.

I need to recognize when I’m being prideful and not willing to put God first. Try to be willing to do what is pleasing to God today.

...God, today I recognized I was being stubborn and not putting you first when __. Then I tried to __.

83

2 Nephi 13:10-11 Say unto the righteous that it is well with them; for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.  Wo unto the wicked, for they shall perish; for the reward of their hands shall be upon them!

I will receive what I give. Do unto others what you would have them to unto you. Because I want to receive mercy, I will be merciful. What will you choose today because you’d like it in return?

...Father, thank you for helping me be more aware of my choices, thoughts, actions, and words and how they affect me and others. I realized __.

84

2 Nephi 15:4 What could have been done more to my vineyard that I have not done in it?….

What can we do to help God in his task of helping all of his children come home?

...God, thanks for helping me know about you and my Savior. Help me know what you’d have me do to bring others to Christ.

85

2 Nephi 15:20 Wo unto them that call evil good, and good evil, that put darkness for light, and light for darkness, that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Satan wants to deceive us. We need to be most careful and judge for ourselves whether something is pleasing to God and it invites the spirit or not.

...God, help me to recognize right from wrong and truth from error. Thank you for the Spirit’s guidance.

86

2 Nephi 16:3 And one cried unto another, and said: Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of Hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory.

Look around you today and see all the glorious creations God has blessed us with.

...Heavenly Father, these are some things I recognized your glory in today __.

87

2 Nephi 7:14-15 Therefore, the Lord himself shall give you a sign—Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.  Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil and to choose the good.

Mary taught Jesus what was evil and what was good. Think of the many people who have taught you.

...Heavenly Father, thank you for putting these amazing people in my path to help me know what is good and give me courage to refuse evil...

88

2 Nephi 18:17 And I will wait upon the Lord,

Patience is being calm and hopeful. When we trust that God is all powerful and all knowing and wants what is best for us, it helps us ‘think celestial!’

...Father, today I tried to be more patient when__.

89

2 Nephi 19:6-7 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of government and peace there is no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth, even forever. ...

Think of the different names used to describe our Savior. What are some words used to describe you? How can you become more like Jesus?

..Father in Heaven, one of my favorite descriptive words for Jesus is___. A word or phrase that I’d like used to describe me is __ because __.

90

2 Nephi 20:3 ...to whom will ye flee for help? ...

Where do you look for help first when you’re overwhelmed or needing guidance? When you need help today, what scripture verse could help you?

...Father, today when I needed help, I __.


No comments:

Post a Comment