Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 91-100

        Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

91

2 Nephi 20:13 For he saith: By the strength of my hand and by my wisdom I have done these things; for I am prudent;

God has a purpose for all things... including you!

...Father, help me know the purpose you have for me. Help me to fulfill that role in a manner pleasing to thee. Thank you for this life and opportunities to learn, improve, and become like thee!

92

2 Nephi 21:2 And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him (Jesus), the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

In all we do, strive to let The Spirit help us find wisdom and understanding. Let His counsel us and make us mighty through God’s power. Let us know and have reverence for God.

...Father, I want to know you more. Help me set aside worldly things and focus on Your ways.

93

2 Nephi 22:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.


What things bring me strength and peace.

...Father, thanks for our brother, Jesus, who loves us all and has saved us from death and hell. He made it possible for us to try again and come home. Thanks!

94

2 Nephi 23:6,9 Howl ye, for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate; and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

If you can imagine your worst moments on earth… that’s only a small part of eternal misery. God has another path… His path, that allows us to repent and avoid His anger.

...Father, help me know what things I need to change so I can have your peace.

95

2 Nephi 24:3,7 And it shall come to pass in that day that the Lord shall give thee rest, from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve.The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet; they break forth into singing.

When have you felt the desire to thank God and sing out loud because of His goodness?

...Father, a song is the prayer of the heart. Hear my heart now and know I am thankful for__.

96

2 Nephi 25 Chapter summary ...Isaiah’s prophecies will be understood in the last days-…

We will not know or understand all things, yet through prayer and studying and asking God, He can help us understand more through The Spirit.

...Father, thanks for the gift of the Holy Spirit and for Isaiah’s words. Help me as I search them!

97

2 Nephi 25:4 ...for behold, my (Nephi) soul delighteth in plainness unto my people, that they may learn.

How can we simplify our words so we are easier to understand? Let us strive for simplicity.

..Father, thank you for Nephi’s desire to help us all understand and learn thy ways.

98

2 Nephi 25:13 Behold, they will crucify him; and after he is laid in a sepulchre for the space of three days he shall rise from the dead, with healing in his wings; and all those who shall believe on his name shall be saved in the kingdom of God. Wherefore, my soul delighteth to prophesy concerning him, for I have seen his day, and my heart doth magnify his holy name.

Thinking of Jesus can bring us joy and peace. Today, when you’re struggling, just stop and think Jesus name. Think of his love and desire for our well being, then move forward trusting in His and God’s help.

...Father, today when I thought of Jesus __.

99

2 Nephi 25:23 For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.

God will help us, but we have to do our part. Because we believe in God, we need to try to become like Him and use our time wisely.

..Father, today I tried harder to use my time wisely. Please forgive me for __. Thanks for __.

100

2 Nephi 25:29 And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out.

I remember a song.. “There’s a right way to live and be happy. It is choosing the right every day. It is learning the teachings of Jesus. They will help me and show me the way. Choose the right way and be happy. I will always choose the right”

...Father, Please help me to recognize the right way and if I’m on the wrong path, help me to quickly return to thy way. Thanks for the Joy your gospel brings to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment