Thursday, March 7, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 101-110

 Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

101

2 Nephi 26:4,8 Wherefore, all those who are proud, and that do wickedly, the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of Hosts, for they shall be as stubble. ….But behold, the righteous that hearken unto the words of the prophets, and destroy them not, but look forward unto Christ with steadfastness for the signs which are given, notwithstanding all persecutionbehold, they are they which shall not perish.

We don’t succeed because we’re perfect, we succeed because we are striving steadfastly to follow our Savior. There will be hard times… it’s part of the test, but our genuinely Trying and Wanting to do what we believe is right is what will save us in the end.

...Father, Thanks for letting us know the consequence of our actions. I want the peaceful consequence! I want to do what is right. Help me succeed, please.

102

2 Nephi 26:15 ...the prayers of the faithful shall be heard,

God hears our faithful prayers. He wants to visit with us. Read or listen to “A Child’s Prayer”

...Father, today I am thankful for __. I’m concerned about __. I know (name of person) could use your help because__. I’m going to try harder to __.

103

2 Nephi 26:24 He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. ….

All God does is for our benefit… Lets try to do more to help others thrive, not just survive.

...Father, I want to improve and be a tool in your hands. Help me to think, speak, and act in ways that helps others thrive on your path. I’ll try to __.

104

2 Nephi 26:33 ...and he inviteth them all to  come  unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God,

All people were created by God. He wants us all to succeed and enjoy His eternal joy. What can I do to help me and others come closer to God and feel the Holy Spirit’s peace?

...Heavenly Father, thanks for teaching me that You created me, love me, and want me to come home!

105

2 Nephi 27:23 For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world  that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith.

God does not change, we do. Let our change be full of faith in our ability to become like God through our Savior’s atonement.

...Father, today I tried harder to stay on your path when I __. I chose not to __ and did __ instead!

106

2 Nephi 27:30 ...their joy shall be in the Lord,

What things make me happy? What things bring us true joy… lasting happiness? Find ways to use your time to do things that will have eternal rewards.

...Father, Thank you for __. I felt happy today when __. Things that bring me true joy are __. Thanks!

107

2 Nephi 28:2 And the things which shall be written out of the book (The Book of Mormon)  shall be of great worth unto the children of men,...

The Book of Mormon can bring us lasting joy and teach us eternal truths! Try to study the Book of Mormon for at least 5 minutes today. Begin by asking God for the Spirit’s guidance as you study.

...Father, sometimes I don’t know how to study your words in the scriptures. Please guide me with the Holy Spirit as I try to obey you and study your words!

108

2 Nephi 28:22 ...thus he (Satan) whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful chains, from whence there is no deliverance.

Satan is the complete opposite of Jesus. Satan works in secret… God lets his path be known to the whole world. Satan takes away our freedom. God delivers us to eternal joy and truth and opportunities.

...Father, help me not be deceived. Help me recognize the difference between truth and error so I can always choose your way!

109

2 Nephi 28:32 ...I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and come unto me; for mine arm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts.

God is merciful to us. He knows we will mess up. Our goal should be to repeat the same mistake less and less until we conquer it. Then work on the next struggle, knowing that Jesus is by our side to help us succeed!

...Father, thank you for my Savior who made it possible for me to repent and try again to conquer this challenge of __. Help me find ways to not be led astray again by this choice. Give me courage and wisdom to choose a better way.

110

2 Nephi 29:11 For I command all men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall write the words which I speak unto them; for out of the books which shall be written I will judge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written.

God has asked all his kids to keep a record. What will my record teach about my thoughts and desires?

...Father, thank you for all those who obeyed your command to keep a record. I’ve been strengthened as I read of their overcoming their struggles and their faith, especially if they didn’t understand completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment