Thursday, March 7, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 111-120

  Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

111

2 Nephi 30:5 And the gospel of Jesus Christ shall be declared among them; wherefore, they shall be restored unto the knowledge of their fathers, and also to the knowledge of Jesus Christ, which was had among their fathers.

We can learn from the past! Keep remembering the truths you learned. They don’t change :) Review your journal entries!

...God, thank you for __ and __ and __… I am truly blessed!

112

2 Nephi 30:15-16 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. Wherefore, the things of all nations shall be made known; yea, all things shall be made known unto the children of men.

Our knowledge of God gives us the desire to help, build up, and do good instead of harm and destroy. What is my purpose today? Why did God put me here on earth?

...God, I think you put me here on earth to __. Today I will try to fulfill my purpose by __.

113

2 Nephi 31:3 ...For the Lord God giveth light unto the understanding; for he speaketh unto men according to their language, unto their understanding.

God, through the Spirit, will teach us in a way that we can understand. Try to live so the Spirit can teach and guide all your choices today.

...Father, I thank Thee for the gift of the Holy Spirit to guide me back to you! Today he helped me __.

114

2 Nephi 31:20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

When kayaking up a river, if you stop paddling, you’ll go backwards with no control of your direction. Pressing forward takes work, effort, and focusing on your destination to have success. We can’t give up or take a break without paying a heavy price.

...God, thanks for giving me the ability to keep pressing forward and for those along my path that help me when I get tired. Help me to help others too.

115

2 Nephi 32:3, 5 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do. …. For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.

As I study God’s words, I’ll be able to use them and speak Gods words and remember them at specific times when the Holy Spirit brings them to my thoughts to help me. God’s already showed us the path to follow, we just need to remember and do.

...Heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of the Holy Ghost and for the help you give us through studying your words and heeding the promptings of The Spirit!

116

2 Nephi 33:1 ...when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost, the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men.

If we are speaking and have the Holy Spirit with us, He will help convey our message to others. We are not alone!

...Father, thanks for a friend, the Holy Spirit, who is always going to help me do my best and guide me to your paths. May my words be pleasing to thee.

117

2 Nephi 33:10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.

The words of Christ and Christ himself cannot be opposites of each other. God is a God of truth and all good comes from Christ and our Heavenly Father.

...Father, help me align my will with thine and may I ever desire truth and goodness. Guide me to recognize error that I may know what and how to change. I want to be good and do good in thy eyes.

118

Jacob 1:7 Wherefore we labored diligently among our people, that we might persuade them to come unto Christ, and partake of the goodness of God, that they might enter into his rest, ...

What does it mean to work diligently? How hard are we trying to do our best in every task we have? What are we doing to help folks have peace in Christ?

...Father, please forgive my lack of diligence and help me strive to use the time you’ve given me here on earth to do and become the best that you know and desire me to be.

119

Jacob 1:19 And we did magnify our office unto the Lord, taking upon us the responsibility, answering the sins of the people upon our own heads if we did not teach them the word of God with all diligence; wherefore, by laboring with our might their blood might not come upon our garments; otherwise their blood would come upon our garments, and we would not be found spotless at the last day.

We are responsible for our own choices. What should we stop doing or start doing so when we stand before God, we will not have regrets and things left undone?

...Father, thank you for guiding and shaping us into our best selves. Help me want to improve and do much good because I want to, not because I feel that I have to.

120

Jacob 2:16 ... let not this pride of your hearts destroy your souls!

If I’m not willing to change and improve, I am trading my own stubbornness for eternal misery. God wants us to trade our own natural, human desires for choices that will give us eternal joy!

...Father, help me recognize my stubbornness and mistakes so I can choose to take your path and feel true joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment