Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 121-130

  Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

121

Jacob 2:21 ...And all flesh is of the dust; and for the selfsame end hath he created them, that they should keep his commandments and glorify him forever.

Every person on this earth was created to keep God’s commandments and praise Him forever. How can I be more obedient today and what can I thank Him for?

...Father, Thank you for __.

122

Jacob 3:1 But behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction.

How can we keep our minds firmly focused on God and make our prayers full of faith? Think of a time when he’s helped you feel comfort in the middle of a hard time.

...Heavenly Father, thanks for being merciful and for the knowledge that you care about each of us personally and want us to succeed. Please help me to __.

123

Jacob 3:9 ...ye shall remember your own filthiness, and remember that their filthiness came because of their fathers.

We each have our own set of mistakes and struggles. Everyone has different struggles. These struggles give us opportunities to learn and become like God.

...Father, help me recognize what I can work on today and find ways to improve. Thanks

124

Jacob 4:6-7 ...having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea. Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things.

We gain strength from the testimonies and good examples of others. How can I use this struggle to come closer to God, bless others, and strengthen myself?

Father, thank you for Jesus and the grace you give us to make it through hard times. Thanks for the advice to keep a journal so I can go back and remember your hand in my life!

125

Jacob 4:12 ...speak of the atonement of Christ, and attain to a perfect knowledge of him, as to attain to the knowledge of a resurrection and the world to come?

To attain means to succeed or achieve. How can we succeed in receiving a complete knowledge of the Savior without studying His life, visiting with Heavenly Father, whom Jesus is like, and gaining our own testimony?

...God, thank you for my knowledge of Jesus’ atonement that will allow me to repent, be resurrected, and return to your presence to live with my family.

126

Jacob 5:12 Wherefore, go thy way; watch the tree, and nourish it, according to my words.

We each have a path to take, a reason for living. Let us fulfill our role and nourish others according to God’s plan.

...Father, thank you for many people who have nourished me on my journey. May I be a reliable helper for you, a tool in your hands.

127

Jacob 5:24 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard said again unto his servant: Look hither, and behold another branch also, which I have planted; behold that I have nourished it also, and it hath brought forth fruit.

God sees all of us and sends helpers to us all. Look back at the many people who have helped strengthen and teach you.

...Father, thank you for many people who have helped me learn how to do good. Today I will strive to help nourish those around me by trying to find the good in all things!

128

Jacob 5:28 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard and the servant of the Lord of the vineyard did nourish all the fruit of the vineyard.

The Lord and the Lord of the vineyard worked together. When God asks us to do a job for him, we are not left alone. If we need help, we need to do our best and then ask God to bless our efforts and go and do.

...Father, All good things come from you. I came from you, which means I am good too! Thanks

129

Jacob 5:46 ...it grieveth me that I should lose them.

God wants us all to return home after this earth journey because we choose to come back. Who would we miss if they weren’t in heaven with us?

...Father, use me to help others come back home to you. I’m not sure how to help, please guide me and give me the courage to speak up and be an example by my actions.

130

Jacob 5:62 ...let us go to and labor with our might

Let’s not wait for someone to tell us what good things we should do. Let us use our talents, thoughts, and energy to bring about much good!

...Father, thank you for guiding us with thy Spirit and for helping me find ways to do good today!


No comments:

Post a Comment