Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 151-160

   Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

151

Mosiah 2:41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

When we remember God’s truths, it helps us in the good and bad times. Do you want to be happy? ...Keep the commandments. Do you want to be miserable?… don’t keep the commandments. :)

...Father, thank you for teaching us the true path to happiness. Thanks for a Savior and endless opportunities to repent and improve. Thank you for commandments that guide and bless us. Please help me to remember your goodness!

152

Mosiah 3:9 And lo, he cometh unto his own, that salvation might come unto the children of men even through faith on his name; and even after all this they shall consider him a man, and say that he hath a devil, and shall scourge him, and shall crucify him.

That was Christ’s mission and he fulfilled it with kindness… Do we have courage to fulfill our mission with a positive attitude? Staying focused on Christ will help us!

...Father, help me know what you’d have me do today to help Christ fulfill his mission. Thank you for the Spirit’s guidance!

153

Mosiah 3:19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a childsubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

Our natural, automatic urges and responses may get us into trouble. If we develop the traits the Savior exemplified, we will be able to be a much stronger tool for our Heavenly Father to use! Pick one of the traits that is hard for you. Talk to God about it and come up with a plan to improve, with God’s help!

...Father, I recognize that I am not very good at __. I think that if I try to __ that I can improve. Please help me find ways to be more __. Thank You

154

Mosiah 4:3 And it came to pass that after they had spoken these words the Spirit of the Lord came upon them, and they were filled with joy, having received a remission of their sins, and having peace of conscience, because of the exceeding faith which they had in Jesus Christ who should come, according to the words which king Benjamin had spoken unto them.

Forgiveness brings us joy, peace, relief and hope! Think of someone you can forgive and enjoy God’s peace!

...Father, thank you for the gift of repentance! Help me to forgive others and to move on with hope and kindness instead of feelings of negativity. Thank you for helping others to forgive my wrongs too.

155

Mosiah 4:12,11,13 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this (v.11…humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith ...) ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true. And ye will not have a mind to injure one another, but to live peaceably, and to render to every man according to that which is his due.

We can live peaceably with all around us if we steadfastly stand in the faith of our Savior. Pray daily and humble ourselves. We all make mistakes and our level of understanding us always less than God’s. Strive to learn and do God’s will.

...Father, I want to be kind and have others be kind to me. I know we all make mistakes and do not understand completely. Help me to be fair and remain faithful to the end.

156

Mosiah 4:15 But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another.

We have been asked by God to teach our children to be sober, walk in paths of truth, love and help each other. What a different world it would be if we all did our best to do those basic things.

...Father, thank you for a higher view of how to be kind. Guide me to improve and be a blessing to others around me.

157

Mosiah 4:30 But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not.

Each day we must review our thoughts, words, actions, and desires. See where we succeeded and where we need to adjust. Then thank God for his help and ask for further help to improve.

...Father, today I struggled when __. I felt that I stayed on your path when I __. I was helped by __ today. Thank you.

158

Mosiah 5:5 And we are willing to enter into a  covenant with our God to do his will, and to be obedient to his commandments in all things that he shall command us, all the remainder of our days, that we may not bring upon ourselves a never-ending torment, as has been spoken by the angel, that we may not drink out of the cup of the wrath of God.

Am I willing to do what God wants me to do and obey all of his commands for the rest of my life? Wow! What a cool opportunity!

...Father, may I prove myself worthy of thy approval as I strive to quickly obey and do thy will each day.

159

Mosiah 5:15 Therefore, I would that ye should be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works, that Christ, the Lord God Omnipotent, may seal you his, that you may be brought to heaven, that ye may have everlasting salvation and eternal life, through the wisdom, and power, and justice, and mercy of him who created all things, in heaven and in earth, who is God above all. Amen.

Steadfast means steady. Immovable means we do not allow ourselves to me moved off God’s path. Abounding means bursting. Let us burst with good works. Then, after this life, God will bring us home to live with Him where we will have eternal joy.

...Father, May I remain steady and immovable, abounding in good works all the days of my life. I know I’ll mess up, thanks for the gift of repentance to get back on thy path!

160

Mosiah 7:12 ...I am very thankful before God this day ...

Try to express gratitude to God every minute and hour of today. Find the blessings all around you!

...Father, today, because I was looking for blessings, I discovered __. Thank you for helping me to see Thy goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment