Monday, April 1, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 141-150

   Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

141

Omni 1:13And it came to pass that he did according as the Lord had commanded him. And they departed out of the land into the wilderness, as many as would hearken unto the voice of the Lord; and they were led by many preachings and prophesyings. And they were admonished continually by the word of God; and they were led by the power of his arm, through the wilderness until they came down into the land which is called the land of Zarahemla.

Do we want God to guide us, warn us, and counsel us? Do we let Him? As we get promptings from the Holy Spirit and obey quickly, with a willing heart, we show God that we value his help.

...Father, thanks for always being willing to help me through this earthly journey. Thanks that I can talk to y’all anytime and any where. I am going to take moments to ponder each day and try to be more in tune with the Spirit..

142

Omni 1:25 ...for there is nothing which is good save it comes from the Lord: and that which is evil cometh from the devil.

My momma says, “Be good and have fun. If you can’t do both, be good!” All good things come from God. You are good… God made ya!

...Father, I thank thee for thy goodness and for much goodness in the world. May I bring goodness to all around me.

143

Words of Mormon 1:4 And the things which are upon these plates pleasing me (Mormon), because of the prophecies of the coming of Christ; and my fathers knowing that many of them have been fulfilled; yea, and I also know that as many things as have been prophesied concerning us down to this day have been fulfilled, and as many as go beyond this day must surely come to pass-

God reveals all things through the prophets. We can receive personal revelation each day as he heed the Holy Spirit. The world will be a chaotic place before the Savior’s 2nd coming, yet it will also be a place where miracles happen because of faith!

.Father, please help me strengthen my faith to withstand the trials of this earth. Thank you for the peace you bring to my life!

144

Words of Mormon 1:7 And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will.

We do not need to know all the details or even understand why God has asked us to do something specific to receive the blessings of being obedient. We can pray and receive a confirmation for ourselves that this thing is truly God’s desire for us.

...Father, thank you for opportunities to grow my faith and practice obedience! Thanks for the comfort of The Holy Spirit which lets me know I’m on the right track.

145

Mosiah 1:2 And he (King Benjamin) caused that they (his sons) should be taught in all the language of his fathers, that thereby they might become men of understanding; ...

Oft times when we lash out at others, it’s because we do not understand something. May we strive to understand, learn, and be merciful to each other.

...Father, we all make mistakes. Please help me to learn truth that I might understand.

146

Mosiah 1:7 And now, my sons, I would that ye should remember to search them (the scriptures) diligently, that ye may profit thereby; and I would that ye should keep the commandments of God, that ye may prosper in the land according to the promises which the Lord made unto our fathers.

If we want to succeed, we have to study God’s words and then keep His commandments! How much time each day will I invest in my eternal success?

...Father, I want to succeed and have eternal life and unending joy. I thank thee for all those who have made the scriptures so available to us. Thank you for teaching me thy commandments so I can obey.

147

Mosiah 2:4 And also that they (King Benjamin’s people) might give thanks to the Lord their God, who had brought them out of the land of Jerusalem, and who had delivered them out of the hands of their enemies, and had appointed just men to be their teachers, and also a just man to be their king, who had established peace in the land of Zarahemla, and who had taught them to keep the commandments of God, that they might rejoice and be filled with love towards God and all men.

What are we thankful for? We can ask God to help us be aware of our blessings. Take 5 minutes today and out loud, in your mind, or written, list your blessings! (What if you woke each day with only the things you thanked God for the day before?)

...Father, I am truly blessed! My heart is beating, my lungs are breathing, I have a knowledge of thee and thy son, my Savior. I will be resurrected and my body made whole. I can learn and improve daily!

Take at least 5 minutes before you go to sleep to thank God for as many things as you can think of!

148

Mosiah 2:15 ...I can answer a clear conscience before God this day.

How can I use the atonement and the gift of repentance and the ordinance of the sacrament to keep my conscience clear each day?

...Father, please help me recognize when I get off your path, so I can quickly get back on. Help me to heal any wrongs I’ve caused that I can have peace in my life and help others to have peace too. Thanks

149

Mosiah 2:25 And now I ask, can ye say aught of yourselves? I answer you, Nay. Ye cannot say that ye are even as much as the dust of the earth; yet ye were created of the dust of the earth; but behold, it belongeth to him who created you.

The only thing we can truly give God is our desire to obey and do His will. When you face a choice today, strive to be as obedient to God as the dust.

...Father, you’ve given everything on this earth for my benefit, so I can become like thee. I want to quickly obey you, bring joy and help to others, and stay on your path. Thanks for all the good you put in me.

150

Mosiah 2:32 But, O my people, beware lest there shall arise contentions among you, and ye list to obey the evil spirit, which was spoken of by my father Mosiah.

Contention is one of Satan’s tools. As soon as we recognize contention, we can take a breath, figure out why we’re feeling it, and make a different choice so all can win and feel peace.

...Father, help me recognize contentious moments today and find ways to communicate with nurturing and uplifting tones, actions, and words. Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment