Friday, April 26, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 161-170

   Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

161

Mosiah 7:19 Therefore, lift up your heads, and rejoice, and put your trust in God, in that God who was the God of Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob; and also, that God who brought the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt, and caused that they should walk through the Red Sea on dry ground, and fed them with manna that they might not perish in the wilderness; and many more things did he do for them.

God has helped others. He can help me too! If God can help thousands walk through a full river on dry ground and feed them with manna for years, He can help me with my challenges…

...Father, thanks for the many examples of miracles you’ve helped simple folks with. I pray for miracles to help me and others stay on your path and do your will. Please help me to recognize your miracles! Thanks

162

Mosiah 7:33 But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.

Am I approaching my commitment to trust and follow Christ as if I’m swimming, but not wanting to get part of me wet, or am I cannon balling in, committed 100%?

...Father, I wanna be all-in with you. Help me recognize where I’m hesitant and figure out why I’m doubting. Then I can make a choice to be all in or just dip a toe in eternal joy. … I choose all-in, sopping wet with happiness!

163

Mosiah 8:16 And Ammon said that a seer is a revelator and a prophet also; and a gift which is greater can no man have, except he should possess the power of God, which no man can; yet a man may have great power given him from God.

God is all powerful and will give us power to do His will! If God is with us, who can stand against us? What can people do to us? If we trust God, we will not be afraid of people’s thoughts and actions and words cause we’ll have peace in Christ!

...Heavenly Father, please help me to keep my focus at a Celestial level. Please give me your power to do thy will!

164

Mosiah 8:18 Thus God has provided a means that man, through faith, might work mighty miracles; therefore he becometh a great benefit to his fellow beings.

If my faith is as small as the tip of a pencil, I could move a mountain… God will do the mighty miracle, I just need to do my best and be willing to be guided by Him!

Father, please use me to be a blessing to others on this journey of life. Thanks for many examples you’ve shown me of faithful folks doing mighty and tiny miracles for thee!

165

Mosiah 9:17 Yea, in the strength of the Lord did we go forth to battle against the Lamanites; for I and my people did cry mightily to the Lord that he would deliver us out of the hands of our enemies, for we were awakened to a remembrance of the deliverance of our fathers.

Are we physically and spiritually ready for challenges? What can I do today to prepare me to stand firm against Satan and his army?

...Father, I cannot make it through today without you. I need your guidance, comfort and help to keep the faith and know the path you’d have me take. Thank you for the atonement of Jesus that lets me keep trying when I mess up and be strengthened to avoid mistakes too!

166

Mosiah 10:2 And I set guards round about the land, that the Lamanites might not come upon us again unawares and destroy us; and thus I did guard my people and my flocks, and keep them from falling into the hands of our enemies.

How can we guard ourselves against Satan’s attacks? What tactics does Satan use that I will not be tricked by? How can I help others avoid his tricks?

...Father, please open my eyes and mind that I may be aware of truth and error, right and wrong that I can stay safe on your team and not be deceived.

167

Mosiah 10:19 ...I did stimulate them to go to battle with their might, putting their trust in the Lord; ...

What might I be able to do if I trusted God 100% and wanted to do exactly and only His will? We need to battle Satan with our might and trust in God that he will make up the difference of what we lack.

...Father, I trust that you’ll help me through life’s struggles, even though I can’t explain how you do it. That doesn’t mean you’ll immediately take away hard things, but you’ll help me make it through the hard times. Please help me when I doubt and can’t understand, cause I know you understand all.

168

Mosiah 11:7 Yea, and they also became idolatrous, because they were deceived by the vain and flattering words of the king and priests; for they did speak flattering things unto them.

How is Satan deceiving us? The Spirit can confirm truth to guide us. Remember all good comes from God!

...Father, help me to not be deceived by things that sound good or look good or smell good or feel good, yet are not good in your sight.

169

Mosiah 11:20 And it came to pass that there was a man among them whose name was Abinadi; and he went forth among them, and began to prophesy, saying: Behold, thus saith the Lord, and thus hath he commanded me, saying, Go forth, and say unto this people, thus saith the Lord—Wo be unto this people, for I have seen their abominations, and their wickedness, and their whoredoms; and except they repent I will visit them in mine anger.

What would God have me say or do? How can I develop the conviction that Abinadi had? He did not worry about what people would think. He had a relationship with God that allowed him to set aside his fears of what people could do.

...Father, I want to know you better. Thanks for the scriptures I can study and for current leaders of thy church and for the ability to receive my own revelation through The Spirit. Help me be a tool in thy hands!

170

Mosiah 12:7-8 And they shall be smitten with a great pestilence—and all this will I do because of their iniquities and abominations. And it shall come to pass that except they repent I will utterly destroy them from off the face of the earth;...

Our challenges can teach us amazing lessons and bring us closer to God, if we let them. Let us not only lean on God when we’re struggling, but let us desire to have a relationship with God all day, every day!

...Father, thank you that we can repent anytime and all the time. Thanks for a Savior who loved each of us enough and believed in us enough to make it possible for us to be saved and experience eternal joy, if we choose it. I choose to look to you during struggles of this life.


No comments:

Post a Comment