Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 481-490

   Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

481

Mormon 8:12 And whoso receiveth this record, and shall not condemn it because of the imperfections which are in it, the same shall know of greater things than these. Behold, I am Moroni; and were it possible, I would make all things known unto you.

Our humility, gratitude, and obedience will bring us greater knowledge. How can we show God that we’re thankful for His Scriptures?

...Father, thanks for the records kept through all the ages that teach us of Christ and thy plan for us. Please help me to understand thy scriptures and how to apply the principles in my everyday life.

482

Mormon 8:22 For the eternal purposes of the Lord shall roll on, until all his promises shall be fulfilled.

If God said it’s gonna happen, it will. He is a God of truth and that brings me peace.

...Father, thanks for being constant. Thanks for a Savior that did what he said so we can overcome our human foibles and come back to thee through repentance and continual striving.

483

Mormon 8:36 And I know that ye do walk in the pride of your hearts; and there are none save a few only who do not lift themselves up in the pride of their hearts, unto the wearing of very fine apparel, unto envying, and strifes, and malice, and persecutions, and all manner of iniquities; and your churches, yea, even every one, have become polluted because of the pride of your hearts.

?How do I overcome my pride to be “The Few?” How can I put what God wants and what he thinks of me first in my priorities and not worry about the fleeting worldly opinions?

...Father, I wanna do what is pleasing to thee. Please help me feel of your love and remember your truths when I’m tempted by worldly opinions. In everything I do, your opinion is the only one that truly matters.

484

Mormon 8:38 O ye pollutions, ye hypocrites, ye teachers, who sell yourselves for that which will canker, why have ye polluted the holy church of God? Why are ye ashamed to take upon you the name of Christ? Why do ye not think that greater is the value of an endless happiness than that misery which never dies—because of the praise of the world?

Self assessment… am I trading myself for worldly things of no value or for things of greater value that will bring eternal happiness!

...Father, please help me to seek for thy praise and not that of the world. Help me to desire to bring Glory to thee and my brother, Jesus. I am stubborn and less obedient than the dirt, yet I wanna keep trying and keep improving. Thanks for helping me!

485

Mormon 9:11-14 But behold, I will show unto you a God of miracles, even the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and it is that same God who created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. Behold, he created Adam, and by Adam came the fall of man. And because of the fall of man came Jesus Christ, even the Father and the Son; and because of Jesus Christ came the redemption of man. And because of the redemption of man, which came by Jesus Christ, they are brought back into the presence of the Lord; yea, this is wherein all men are redeemed, because the death of Christ bringeth to pass the resurrection, which bringeth to pass a redemption from an endless sleep, from which sleep all men shall be awakened by the power of God when the trump shall sound; and they shall come forth, both small and great, and all shall stand before his bar, being redeemed and loosed from this eternal band of death, which death is a temporal death. And then cometh the judgment of the Holy One upon them; and then cometh the time that he that is filthy shall be filthy still; and he that is righteous shall be righteous still; he that is happy shall be happy still; and he that is unhappy shall be unhappy still.

This is God’s Plan!!! This is why we’re here and tells how we achieve endless happiness or misery. Ponder our purpose today.

...Father, thanks for letting us know your plan, from the beginning to the end. It gives us understanding and a clear path to follow. Thanks.

486

Mormon 9:27-28 O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. Doubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and come unto the Lord with all your heart, and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him. Be wise in the days of your probation; strip yourselves of all uncleanness; ask not, that ye may consume it on your lusts, but ask with a firmness unshaken, that ye will yield to no temptation, but that ye will serve the true and living God.

Doubt your doubts. Be wise and hopeful as you ask God, in the name of Jesus Christ, for help regarding specific struggles you’re facing. They will help you as you firmly try to do your best to follow Christ.

...Father, thanks for being by my side and for helping me know that with your help I can conquer every temptation that Satan places in my path.

487

Mormon 9:31 ...give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been.

We all make mistakes. Mormon suggests that we choose to learn from other’s mistakes and thank God that we are aware of the mistakes so we can choose a different path.

...Father, thanks for learning opportunities all around us.

488

Ether 1:33 Which Jared came forth with his brother and their families, with some others and their families, from the great tower, at the time the Lord confounded he language of the people, and swore in his wrath that they should be scattered upon all the facof the earth; and according to the word of the Lord the people were scattered.

We know from the past that when God says something will happen, it’s going to happen. When I speak, do I do what I say?

.Father, thanks for being constant, true, and just. Thanks for a Savior who is constant, true, and makes mercy possible! Please, help me as I repent daily and strive to receive the mercy promised.

489

Ether 1:38 And it came to pass that Jared spake again unto his brother, saying: Go and inquire of the Lord whether he will drive us out of the land, and if he will drive us out of the land, cry unto him whither we shall go. And who knoweth but the Lord will carry us forth into a land which is choice above all the earth? And if it so be, let us be faithful unto the Lord, that we may receive it for our inheritance.

Being faithful brings blessings! What blessings would I like to receive? How can I change my thoughts, words, and actions so I can receive those blessings? How can I use my time differently?

...Father, please help me find better uses of my time so I can keep your spirit with me always and be a tool in thy hands!

490

Ether 2:9 And now, we can behold the decrees of God concerning this land, that it is a land of promise; and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall serve God, or they shall be swept off when the fulness of his wrath shall come upon them. And the fulness of his wrath cometh upon them when they are ripened in iniquity.

God said this 3x in a row that means it’s very important. We have a responsibility to serve God. That is a blessed opportunity. How can you serve God today?

...Father, thanks for letting us know that we live in a place that you’ve preserved for the faithful. I pray that I’ll stay faithful to the end. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment