Monday, October 7, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 471-480

   Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

471

Mormon 2:17 And now, the city of Jashon was near the land where Ammaron had deposited the records unto the Lord, that they might not be destroyed. And behold I had gone according to the word of Ammaron, and taken the plates of Nephi, and did make a record according to the words of Ammaron.

In spite of the struggles that Mormon faced, he did as the prophet, Ammaron had asked. Are we willing to push through our struggles and uncomfortableness to obey God’s prophets with exactness?

...Father, thanks for Prophets, ancient and modern. Thanks for their examples, kindness, hope, and inspiration. I wanna obey them, and Thee.

472

Mormon 2:19 And wo is me because of their wickedness; for my heart has been filled with sorrow because of their wickedness, all my days; nevertheless, I know that I shall be lifted up at the last day.

We do not need to be dragged down because of others' choices. Lean on God, stay close to Him, and remember the blessings connected with the covenants you’ve made.

...Father, thanks for baptismal and temple covenants and the blessings and opportunities that await us. Help me to live worthy of those blessings.

473

Mormon 3:3 And I did cry unto this people, but it was in vain; and they did not realize that it was the Lord that had spared them, and granted unto them a chance for repentance. And behold they did harden their hearts against the Lord their God.

Take time to recognize the hand of the Lord in your life today. Try to yield to Him for His ways are ways of peace, and eternal joy.

...Father, Thanks for chances to keep trying, repenting, changing, improving, and trying again.

474

Mormon 3:21 And also that ye may believe the gospel of Jesus Christ, which ye shall have among you; and also that the Jews, the covenant people of the Lord, shall have other witness besides him whom they saw and heard, that Jesus, whom they slew, was the very Christ and the very God.

The scriptures give us the gospel of Christ. We have witnesses of Christ all around the world. How can we add our witness to theirs and strengthen the place where we stand?

...Father thanks for many witnesses of Christ. Please help me to strengthen my knowledge of Him by the scriptures I read, the prayers I pray, and the actions I take. Please, help me to recognize the Spirit’s confirmations of truth and warning of danger.

475

Mormon 4:5 But, behold, the judgments of God will overtake the wicked; and it is by the wicked that the wicked are punished; for it is the wicked that stir up the hearts of the children of men unto bloodshed.

Are we stirring up others to wickedness or bringing peace and help as we lift others?

...Father, in General Conference, we heard again the value of lifting others and holding them up. Help me to hold up the light of Christ in my everyday interactions with courage and not give place for fear of man.

476

Mormon 5:2 But behold, I was without hope, for I knew the judgments of the Lord which should come upon them; for they repented not of their iniquities, but did struggle for their lives without calling upon that Being who created them.

God’s justice is in place. We gain the mercy of Christ as we repent and keep striving.

...Father, please forgive my many mistakes. Help me to recognize what I need to fix and guide me to better paths of thy peace and truth and love.

477

Mormon 5:14 And behold, they shall go unto the unbelieving of the Jews; and for this intent shall they go—that they may be persuaded that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God; that the Father may bring about, through his most Beloved, his great and eternal purpose, in restoring the Jews, or all the house of Israel, to the land of their inheritance, which the Lord their God hath given them, unto the fulfilling of his covenant;

Jesus is the Christ, God’s son, and our brother. God’s purposes will be accomplished. His covenants will be fulfilled. How can we live up to our side of the covenants we’ve made so we can have the blessings connected with them?

...Father, thanks for the opportunity to make covenants with thee. Thanks for helping me know the blessings I can receive by staying the course and living worthy of those blessings.

478

Mormon 6:6 And it came to pass that when we had gathered in all our people in one to the land of Cumorah, behold I, Mormon, began to be old; and knowing it to be the last struggle of my people, and having been commanded of the Lord that I should not suffer the records which had been handed down by our fathers, which were sacred, to fall into the hands of the Lamanites, (for the Lamanites would destroy them) therefore I made this record out of the plates of Nephi, and hid up in the hill Cumorah all the records which had been entrusted to me by the hand of the Lord, save it were these few plates which I gave unto my son Moroni.

There are many records all around the world that testify of Christ and his gospel. One day we’ll get to read those, but for now, let us strive to understand and live the principles taught in them.

...Father, thanks for thy scriptures and for the knowledge they give us. It helps me feel peace, hope, and a renewed determination to follow thee and do better. Thanks for giving us the recipe or rule book to come back home.

479

Mormon 6:21 And the day soon cometh that your mortal must put on immortality, and these bodies which are now moldering in corruption must soon become incorruptible bodies; and then ye must stand before the judgment-seat of Christ, to be judged according to your works; and if it so be that ye are righteous, then are ye blessed with your fathers who have gone before you.

I wanna stand in righteousness at the judgment day. What can I start or stop doing today so I can have that blessing?

...Father, thanks for the opportunity to change and improve. Thanks for the blessing that await me if I stay faithful to the end!

480

Mormon 7:10 And ye will also know that ye are a remnant of the seed of Jacob; therefore ye are numbered among the people of the first covenant; and if it so be that ye believe in Christ, and are baptized, first with water, then with fire and with the Holy Ghost, following the example of our Savior, according to that which he hath commanded us, it shall be well with you in the day of judgment. Amen.

Our judgment day will be well for us if…. We believe in Christ, are baptized, receive the Holy Spirit, and follow the Savior’s example as He’s commanded us. If you’re not sure why you should do something that’s different from the world’s way of doing it, it’s cause God asked us to.

...Father, thanks for teaching us the path to success. Please help me to obey you and my Savior with exactness and honor.


No comments:

Post a Comment