Monday, October 7, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 461-470

   Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

461

3 Nephi 28:9-10 ...for ye have desired that ye might bring the souls of men unto me, while the world shall stand. And for this cause ye shall have fulness of joy; and ye shall sit down in the kingdom of my Father; yea, your joy shall be full, even as the Father hath given me fulness of joy; and ye shall be even as I am, and I am even as the Father; and the Father and I are one;

Bringing others to Christ, through our example and efforts, will bring us a fullness of joy. Pres. Nelson said, “Anytime you do anything that helps anyone-on either side of the veil- take a step toward making covenants with God and receiving their essential baptismal and temple ordinances, you’re helping to gather Israel.

...Father, thanks for helping us know where to focus our time and energy.

462

3 Nephi 28:29 And it shall come to pass, when the Lord seeth fit in his wisdom that they shall minister unto all the scattered tribes of Israel, and unto all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, and shall bring out of them unto Jesus many souls, that their desire may be fulfilled, and also because of the convincing power of God which is in them.

What do you desire? Do our desires bring God’s power into our lives to bless others? Pray for a desire to gather Israel on both sides of the veil, then try!

...Father, please give me a desire to help gather Israel. President Nelson said it’s one of the most important things for us to do.

463

3 Nephi 28:38-39 Therefore, that they might not taste of death there was a change wrought upon their bodies, that they might not suffer pain nor sorrow save it were for the sins of the world. Now this change was not equal to that which shall take place at the last day; but there was a change wrought upon them, insomuch that Satan could have no power over them, that he could not tempt them; and they were sanctified in the flesh, that they were holy, and that the powers of the earth could not hold them.

The apostles sorrowed for the sins of the world… do we sorrow for our sins or just for the negative consequences? Are we willing to sacrifice our sins for eternally better consequences?

...Father, please help me recognize what I can improve on today and help me find the paths for positive change. Please place your earthly angels in my path to strengthen me when I’m not strong enough. Thanks for your continued faith in me.

464

3 Nephi 30:2 Turn, all ye Gentiles, from your wicked ways; and repen t of your evil doings, of your lyings and deceivings, and of your whoredoms, and of your secret abominations, and your idolatries, and of your murders, and your priestcrafts, and your envyings, and your strifes, and from all your wickedness and abominations, and come unto me, and be baptized in my name, that ye may receive a remission of your sins, and be filled with the Holy Ghost, that ye may be numbered with my people who are of the house of Israel.

The Holy Spirit, and my past experiences can help me know what I need to turn away from today. It will be worth it!

...Father, please lead me in the paths of righteousness and help me to live worthy of the Spirit’s companionship. I wanna turn away from my wicked ways and have your peace with me.

465

4 Nephi 1:2-3 And it came to pass in the thirty and sixth year, the people were all converted unto the Lord, upon all the face of the land, both Nephites and Lamanites, and there were no contentions and disputations among them, and every man did deal justly one with another. And they had all things common among them; therefore there were not rich and poor, bond and free, but they were all made free, and partakers of the heavenly gift.

What is our conversion to the Lord helping us accomplish? Conversion means transforming ourselves from our ‘natural’ self to a higher, better version of us. It will help us put aside contention and strive for peace.

...Father, please help me find more peaceful paths as I interact today. Please forgive my foolishness and I pray for your guidance to understand and choose your truths.

466

4 Nephi 1:15,17 And it came to pass that there was no contention in the land, because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people.There were no robbers, nor murderers, neither were there Lamanites, nor any manner of -ites; but they were in one, the children of Christ, and heirs to the kingdom of God.

The love of God in our hearts will help us overcome earthly struggles and temptations. As we learn to love God more, we will become converted to Him!

...Father, thanks for thy truths I learn in thy scriptures, from prophets, and from The Spirit. Please help me to see myself and others as you do for, we are all special and precious to you.

467

4 Nephi 1:30 Therefore they did exercise power and authority over the disciples of Jesus who did tarry with them, and they did cast them into prison; but by the power of the word of God, which was in them, the prisons were rent in twain, and they went forth doing mighty miracles among them.

If God is with us none can stand against us. What miraculous things are we willing to accomplish today because we’re part of God’s crew?

...Father in Heaven, please help me be part of your miracles today. Help me as I choose to be more joyful, patient, and kind. Thanks!

468

4 Nephi1:48-49 And it came to pass that when three hundred and twenty years had passed away, Ammaron, being constrained by the Holy Ghost, did hide up the records which were sacred—yea, even all the sacred records which had been handed down from generation to generation, which were sacred—even until the three hundred and twentieth year from the coming of Christ. And he did hide them up unto the Lord, that they might come again unto the remnant of the house of Jacob, according to the prophecies and the promises of the Lord. And thus is the end of the record of Ammaron.

These sacred records are a priceless treasure that can bring us peace, hope, and understanding to withstand the temptations that Satan will continue to throw in our path. Take time to study and ponder them daily. They will inspire us to change and become better.

...Father, thanks for allowing us to have Thy Scriptures! Please help me to make time to study and ponder them that I can be strengthened to do thy will! Please bring them to my mind as I face trials so I can be strengthened by thy truths.

469

Mormon 1:13 But wickedness did prevail upon the face of the whole land, insomuch that the Lord did take away his beloved disciples, and the work of miracles and of healing did cease because of the iniquity of the people.

What are my poor choices keeping me from? I guarantee it’s not a good or fair trade.

...Father, I wanna do better, be better, and feel your peace. Help me set aside my wicked ways so I can be a miracle worker for Thee.

470

Mormon 1:15-16 And I, being fifteen years of age and being somewhat of a sober mind, therefore I was visited of the Lord, and tasted and knew of the goodness of Jesus. And I did endeavor to preach unto this people, but my mouth was shut, and I was forbidden that I should preach unto them; for behold they had willfully rebelled against their God; and the beloved disciples were taken away out of the land, because of their iniquity.

Think of times when you’ve known and felt of Jesus’ goodness. How can we come to know Him better?

...Father, I’ve felt of your goodness and peace many times. Thanks for the examples, testimonies, and help of others. Thanks for music that brings thy peace to my soul. Please help me speak that which is pleasing to thee.


No comments:

Post a Comment