Friday, September 27, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 451-460

   Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

451

3 Nephi 21:10 But behold, the life of my servant shall be in my hand; therefore they shall not hurt him, although he shall be marred because of them. Yet I will heal him, for I will show unto them that my wisdom is greater than the cunning of the devil.

As God’s servants, we will not be spared from earthly pain. Christ will use our trials to show God’s power unto the world through us.

...Father, I pray for your strength and peace through the hard times. Please use me to further your cause and bring peace to the hearts of many!

452

3 Nephi 21:29 And they shall go out from all nations; and they shall not go out in haste, nor go by flight, for I will go before them, saith the Father, and I will be their rearward.

God will be all around us as we confidently walk with Him along this life journey. He has prepared the way for us and will be there when we slide back too.

...Father, thanks for always being there for us! You help me do things I wouldn’t be courageous enough to do alone. Thanks!

453

3 Nephi 22:15 Behold, they shall surely gather together against thee, not by me; whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

What would we do if we knew we would succeed? Satan knows of our abilities and will never stop striving to help us fail. Yet we know in the end he loses the war! Go and do tough things and stay strong with Christ by your side!

...Father, thanks for letting us know that You and our Savior win. I wanna be part of your team!

454

3 Nephi 23:10 And his disciples answered him and said: Yea, Lord, Samuel did prophesy according to thy words, and they were all fulfilled.

It will ALL be fulfilled! God cannot lie. He’s told us what’s to come. We can choose to be part of the miracles and joy filled parts of the story when Jesus comes again or the weeping and wailing part.

...Father, thanks for Samuel’s example and for his courage to bring your truths and prophesies to us!

455

3 Nephi 24:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house; and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

When we’re willing to and do pay our tithes, God blesses us with so much that we are able to pay it forward to others.

.Father, thanks for providing for my needs and wants and using me to do much good in this world. May I ever desire and strive to obey you with exactness.

456

3 Nephi 25:2 But unto you that fear my name, shall the Son of Righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth and grow up as calves in the stall.

Calves in stalls are protected and provided for. Christ can protect us and provide for us while on this earth journey. To receive that blessing, we need to have reverence and respect for God.

...Father, thanks for the scriptures that help me learn of thee. Thanks for opportunities to strengthen my faith and testimony that help me trust in thee.

457

3 Nephi 26:9 And when they shall have received this, which is expedient that they should have first, to try their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then shall the greater things be made manifest unto them.

We have the scriptures, yet we do not have all of them. Let us strive to study and obey the principles we’ve been given and we’ll be able to receive greater truths!

...Father, thanks for the scriptures and the peace the truths in them bring to me. Please help me understand their meaning and how to apply the teachings in my life.

458

3 Nephi 26:19 And they taught, and did minister one to another; and they had all things common among them, every man dealing justly, one with another.

How can we deal more justly with each other? Let us strive to help each other become the best God know we can be.

...Father, please help me to see others as you do, with love and kindness. We all need your help!

459

3 Nephi 27:11,21 But if it be not built upon my gospel, and is built upon the works of men, or upon the works of the devil, verily I say unto you they have joy in their works for a season, and by and by the end cometh, and they are hewn down and cast into the fire, from whence there is no return. ...Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;

Are the things I do based on my beliefs in the truths from Jesus or the ideas of others? If I do as Christ has shown us, we will have eternal joy, not just temporary happiness.

...Father, Thanks for the example Jesus set for us. He was and is patient, hopeful, firm, loving, kind, full of truth, helpful, and doing good. Thanks that I don’t have to perfect all these traits at once. I can improve a little each day of my life!

460

3 Nephi 27:29 Therefore, ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you; for he that asketh, receiveth; and unto him that knocketh, it shall be opened.

We know God is waiting for us to ask, search, and try. He’s wanting to help us succeed, we just have to ask and be willing to try!

...Father, thanks for always being available to help us!


No comments:

Post a Comment