Friday, September 27, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 441-450

   Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

441

3 Nephi 17:17 And no tongue can speak, neither can there be written by any man, neither can the hearts of men conceive so great and marvelous things as we both saw and heard Jesus speak; and no one can conceive of the joy which filled our souls at the time we heard him pray for us unto the Father.

What is the most joyful thing you can imagine? The love of Christ for you is greater than all that. He created this world and cares for you so completely and in ways we can’t imagine.

...Father, I mess up a lot and am so thankful for your love and for Jesus love for me. You will not give up on me and you will always keep helping me learn and come home. Yet, you will not make me obey.

442

3 Nephi 18:11,14 And this shall ye always do to those who repent and are baptized in my name; and ye shall do it in remembrance of my blood, which I have shed for you, that ye may witness unto the Father that ye do always remember me. And if ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you. ...Therefore blessed are ye if ye shall keep my commandments, which the Father hath commanded me that I should give unto you.

Worthily partaking of the sacrament each week shows God we’re trying to remember Jesus. We remember him throughout our day and try to follow the Holy Spirit’s promptings while doing much good on our own. If we keep God’s commandments, we will be blessed.

...Father, thanks for having Jesus give us your commandments so we can have your help on this earthly journey. Thanks for blessing us when we strive to obey. Thanks for the sacrament’s weekly reminder of our Savior’s role in our lives and the hope we have in him!

443

3 Nephi 18:15,24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye must watch and pray always, lest ye be tempted by the devil, and ye be led away captive by him. ...Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed.

We will be tempted with more than we can withstand unless we are watching out for Satan’s traps and praying always to God. As we go though our day, striving to follow Jesus always, we are holding up our light for the world to see. We are holding up the way for others to find Christ and the hope he’s given us.

...Father, please help me to live my life as a proper example of a follower of Christ. One who is NOT perfect, yet IS trying to do right, with your help!

444

3 Nephi 18:34 And I give you these commandments because of the disputations which have been among you. And blessed are ye if ye have no disputations among you.

Disputations are conflicts, arguing, and contention. We avoid contention when we try to... understand each other’s needs, help each other, kindly work together to have success, set appropriate boundaries, and try to see each other as fellow siblings of Christ on this journey of life.

...Father, I pray for the Spirit’s guidance as we learn to work together to avoid contention. Help us find new ways to meet our own needs and the needs of others with y’all and Jesus by our side.

445

3 Nephi 19:16-17 And it came to pass that he spake unto the multitude, and commanded them that they should kneel down again upon the earth, and also that his disciples should kneel down upon the earth. And it came to pass that when they had all knelt down upon the earth, he commanded his disciples that they should pray.

Christ has asked us to kneel to pray. When possible, we should kneel to pray and speak aloud. The rest of the time we should keep chatting with God in our minds and listening to the promptings he sends to us throughout our day!

...Father in Heaven, Thanks so much for the Holy Spirit’s guidance and help as He relays to us the messages you want us to hear! I look forward to hugging you and Jesus after this earth life!

446

3 Nephi 19:23-24 And now Father, I pray unto thee for them, and also for all those who shall believe on their words, that they may believe in me, that I may be in them as thou, Father, art in me, that we may be one. And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus prayed unto the Father, he came unto his disciples, and behold, they did still continue, without ceasing, to pray unto him; and they did not multiply many words, for it was given unto them what they should pray, and they were filled with desire.

We believe the words of the Book of Mormon which means Jesus prayed for us!! The people were able to pray without be repetitive because the Holy Spirit helped them know what to say and they were filled with a desire to pray!

...Father, please fill us with a desire to visit with thee and please help us know what to say though the Holy Spirit.

447

3 Nephi 20:1 And it came to pass that he commanded the multitude that they should cease to pray, and also his disciples. And he commanded them that they should not cease to pray in their hearts.

When we pray to God in our hearts, The Spirit can remind us what to thank or ask Him for. The Spirit can also relay messages from God that can help us succeed and find courage though our day!

...Father, thanks that we can visit with you anytime, anywhere, and in any language. I don’t know how it’s possible, yet I know you truly are aware of me and my needs. Thanks.

448

3 Nephi 20:23 Behold, I am he of whom Moses spake, saying: A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass that every soul who will not hear that prophet shall be cut off from among the people.

When we hear Jesus, we will be filled with the Holy Spirit. It can help us to change and become a better, different person. Jesus has given us commandments to help us succeed.

...Father, thanks for Jesus. Thanks for opportunities to keep improving and put away unhelpful habits and ideas so I can keep your Spirit with me always!

449

3 Nephi 20:38 For thus saith the Lord: Ye have sold yourselves for naught, and ye shall be redeemed without money.

Are we trading our time and energy for things that are of no eternal value? Christ has paid the price to redeem us from our sins and make it possible for us to come home. It doesn’t cost us money. The price we pay is our desire to follow, our actions and words that do our best to keep trying to do as He’s asked us to do.

...Father, thanks for a way to fix our wrongs and choose Christ’s path every day.

450

3 Nephi 21:6 For thus it behooveth the Father that it should come forth from the Gentiles, that he may show forth his power unto the Gentiles, for this cause that the Gentiles, if they will not harden their hearts, that they may repent and come unto me and be baptized in my name and know of the true points of my doctrine, that they may be numbered among my people, O house of Israel;

We are so blessed to learn about the doctrine (beliefs) of Christ. Let us keep striving to be willing to change, repent, and become who God knows we can become. Like the caterpillar changing into a butterfly, God can transform us into much more!

...Father, thanks for continuing to help me change and become better! I wanna be numbered among YOUR people!


No comments:

Post a Comment