Sunday, May 21, 2023

Book of Mormon minute -page ix Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith -part 1

  I'm going to focus on one verse or phrase from The Book of Mormon each day with my kids at our family morning prayer.  Find the list  here...

page ix, Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith -part 1

 paragraph 5, line 4 

"I was afraid; but fear soon left me."

God is not a God of fear, but of faith.  Many prophets have taught us this. One of my favorites is Isaiah 41:10.  "Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Sometimes when we feel afraid, discouraged, or another negative emotion, it can help if we remember that Satan wants us to be miserable like unto himself (2 Nephi 2:18). We have the knowledge and power to cast out fear and hold tightly to faith, hope and God! (song - Cast our Cares).

When I'm afraid, especially during the night after a bad dream, I am strengthened by the songs, "A Child's Prayer" and "How Great Thou Art".

 ?      What are some things that cause us to be afraid? What are some things that bring us peace?

  !      In the evening, share with each other... what you did to feel God's peace today to push out fear.

Pray    Tell God about your experiences and thank Him for... the knowledge He's blessed us with and for Him filling us with peace and joy!

Hugs, 

Sheree

No comments:

Post a Comment