Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Book of Mormon minute -page xi Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith part 3

  I'm going to focus on one verse or phrase from The Book of Mormon each day with my kids at our family morning prayer.  Find the list  here...

page xi, Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith part 3

 paragraph 5, line 7;  paragraph 6, line 8

"...if I would use all my endeavors to preserve them (the gold plates), until he, the messenger, should call for them, they should be protected.  ...by the wisdom of God, they remained safe in my hands, until I had accomplished by them what was required at my hand."

Things got harder for Joseph as people tried to steal the plates, yet God provided a way and helped Joseph to do the task God had asked of him.

This reminds me of the quote "Do your best and leave to God the rest".   I've learned through different opportunities to serve God that IF I put God first, above my own desires, things will ALWAYS work out for the best.  It is usually more challenging cause Satan doesn't want us to succeed.  I remember someone saying that the inspiration to help someone usually comes at an inconvenient time. It's an opportunity to trust God and show Him that He can trust us.

 I may not get some things accomplished, but I will get the most important things done and the rest of the things will wait or disappear.   Now, I'm not saying the laundry will magically fold itself, but I'm saying God will give me the time and energy needed to do both His work and my own. :)    Maybe I discover that there's just enough leftovers in the fridge that I don't need to cook dinner that night!  Maybe the kids will pitch in and help each other or quibble less.   Maybe you'll be able to stay focused on your chore and finish it quicker.  Maybe your sibling, a friend or even a strange will help you that day.

Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

 ?      What one thing will you try to do for God today with ALL your might?  ... if you can't think of a specific thing, try to be more observant through the day and when you get an idea of some good thing you can do, try!

  !     In the evening, share with each other...What you chose not to do first (sacrificed) so you could do God's will and how things turned out.

Pray   Tell God about your experiences and thank Him for... help beyond your own to do His will.

Hugs, 
Sheree

No comments:

Post a Comment