Saturday, June 8, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 241-250

    Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

241

Alma 13:3 And this is the manner after which they were ordained—being calleand prepared from the foundation of the world according to the foreknowledge of God, on account of their exceeding faith and good works; in the first place being left to choose good or evil; therefore they having chosen good, and exercising exceedingly great faith, are called with a holy calling, yea, with that holy calling which was prepared with, and according to, a preparatory redemption for such.

Our journey did not begin with birth. We chose good when we lived with God in Heaven. We had faith in our brother, Jesus and in God’s plan to help us become like Him. Let us prepare for and fulfill the roles we accepted in heaven!

...Father, thank you for helping us know truths and for preparing us before we came to this earth. Please give me the strength, wisdom, and faith to accomplish what you need me to do here on earth! Thanks for the Holy Spirit’s guidance.

242

Alma 13:10 Now, as I said concerning the holy order, or this high priesthood, there were many who were ordained and became high priests of God; and it was on account of their exceeding faith and repentance, and their righteousness before God, they choosing to repent and work righteousness rather than to perish;

Are we choosing repenting which is righteous or are we choosing not repenting which is wickedness. Sacrificing our stubborn worldly ways for God’s righteous ways will always bless us. Working righteousness will take effort and is totally worth it!

...Father, Thank you for the reminder that when I’m stubborn and not willing to do your will, I’m being wicked. Help me to desire thy path!

243

Alma 13:28 But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering;

Becoming is a process. If we ask God, he will help us know, through the Holy Spirit, the small changes we can make daily to become like Him.

...Father, Thank you for the opportunity to pray and study thy word, to feel thy peace. I ask for your help to overcome the temptations I’ll encounter today in a manner pleasing to thee.

244

Alma 14:6 And it came to pass that Zeezrom was astonished at the words which had been spoken; and he also knew concerning the blindness of the minds, which he had caused among the people by his lying words; and his soul began to be harrowed up under a consciousness of his own guilt; yea, he began to be encircled about by the pains of hell.

Am I leading others to or away from God? Each week as we partake of the sacrament, we are reminded to always remember our Savior so we’ll have the Holy Spirit with us always. Let us be reliable, helpful disciples of Christ today.

...Father, I pray for thy help to be a tool in thy hands today to lead others to Christ in all I do and say.

245

Alma 14:18 ...they questioned them about many words; but they answered them nothing.

Sometimes others are just trying to get a reaction and pick a fight. We can choose to be silent or speak God’s words.

...Father, help me know what to say today and when to be silent. Thanks

246

Alma 14:26 And Alma cried, saying: How long shall we suffer these great afflictions, O Lord? O Lord, give us strength according to our faith which is in Christ, even unto deliverance. And they broke the cords with which they were bound; and when the people saw this, they began to flee, for the fear of destruction had come upon them.

Our faith in Jesus can be extremely powerful. If we are willing to do all in our power to learn more of the Savior and become more like Him. Nothing shall be in possible to us for we will be doing God’s will.

...Father, please help me strengthen my faith and come to know you daily as I do what I’ve been taught will bring me closer to thee. Thanks for loving me and believing in me.

247

Alma 15:12 And Alma baptized Zeezrom unto the Lord; and he began from that time forth to preach unto the people.

Do I daily give to God all that I can? How can I spend my time differently to do more good for myself and others?

...Father, help me adjust how I use my time today and have a more celestial viewpoint.

248

Alma 15:18 Now as I said, Alma having seen all these things, therefore he took Amulek and came over to the land of Zarahemla, and took him to his own house, and did administer unto him in his tribulations, and strengthened him in the Lord.

How do we strengthen others in the Lord? What has God asked us to do that I can try more sincerely to do?

...Father, please bring to my mind paths you’d have me follow and others you want me to help. I’ll try to be ready today to be your hands and speak your words.

249

Alma 16:16 And there was no inequality among them; the Lord did pour out his Spirit on all the face of the land to prepare the minds of the children of men, or to prepare their hearts to receive the word which should be taught among them at the time of his coming

How is God preparing us to be ready for the future? What can we do to be ready?

...Father, sometimes I wanna know how things will turn out before I begin. Today I’ll try to walk in the dark, knowing that all things are in your hands and you’re preparing my way.

250

Alma 17:3 But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with power and authority of God.

Much prayer and Much fasting…. They gave sincere effort and not just a half-hearted attempt. Are we really showing God that we want his help and will be his helper or are we trying to do the minimum?

...Father, I need to remember Jesus always and use my time today to do what is most important so I can be filled with the spirit and be strengthened to serve thee today as you need. Thanks for the reminder to do more. Please help me to want thy paths.


No comments:

Post a Comment