Saturday, June 15, 2024

Yeast Free Skillet Flat Bread

 Yeast Free Skillet Flat Bread..



*In the picture above, I used Kamut white flour in the left bread and whole wheat flour that I'd sifted the bran out of on the right bread, but you can use any type of wheat flour.

*Sometimes in place of water I use the liquid left over from making 'Kristin's Beans'!

*I use canola oil or pureed beans or melted butter

....Mix all the ingredients for about 30 seconds or 'til all incorporated. 

Let rest about15 minutes to make it more pliable and easier to roll out. I put the dough on the counter and invert the bowl or put a lid on the bowl while it rests to keep it from drying out.

Divide into equal amounts of dough (about 99g. each) and on a lightly floured counter, flatten into circular shapes about 1/4" thick with a rolling pin or...I like to use a repurposed spaghetti sauce jar with the lid on tight. ... I still can't make em super round, but they taste good!

 Cook on a skillet or griddle on medium-high heat (gas mark 3-3.5) for 1-2 minutes per side. Place in a clean folded dish towel to stay warm and/or to cool so they will be soft and pliable. I store mine in an ice cream bucket when they've cooled down :)  If you're not gonna eat em within a day or two, put em in the fridge or freeze em!

They make great stove top personal pizzas!


No comments:

Post a Comment