Monday, July 29, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 301-310

    Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

301

Alma 37:16 But if ye keep the commandments of God, and do with these things which are sacred according to that which the Lord doth command you, (for you must appeal unto the Lord for all things whatsoever ye must do with them) behold, no power of earth or hell can take them from you, for God is powerful to the fulfilling of all his words.

If we are on God’s errand, and keep the commandments, nothing on earth can stop us from succeeding.. WOW!

...Father, thanks for this truth. Please bring this truth to my mind when I face challenges. Help me to keep your commandments and stay faithful.

302

Alma 37:24 And now, my son, these interpreters were prepared that the word of God might be fulfilled, ...

What has God prepared us to do? What can we do to make sure we fulfill all that is required for good?

...Father, thanks for your gospel, for temples, for patriarchal blessings, for the revelation of the Spirit that guides us on this earth journey!

303

Alma 37:37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

As we come to know God more, we will trust Him, be empowered, and feel more peaceful because we put our trust and focus in the best source.

...Father, may I always remember to give thee thanks and to counsel with thee in all my doings that you may guide me for your good. Thanks for….

304

Alma 38:3 I say unto you, my son, that I have had great joy in thee already, because of thy faithfulness and thy diligence, and thy patience and thy long-suffering among the people of the Zoramites.

There is good in each of us and all of God’s children. Try today to find as much good as possible. (Satan will try to sabotage this)

...Father, please guide our hearts and minds to focus on the good today. May we quickly recognize Satan’s tactics and choose the good.

305

Alma 38:9 And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the word of truth and righteousness.

The only path is through Christ. He is cheering for us and already made it possible for us to succeed. Now we need to do our part. Keep learning what God wants us to do, then strive to do it.

...Father, I thank thee for Jesus who made it possible for us to come home. Please help us as we strive to do thy will. Help us remember the times we have chosen thy path and the peace we received. Thanks

306

Alma 39:14 Do not say: O God, I thank thee that we are better than our brethren; but rather say: O Lord, forgive my unworthiness, and remember my brethren in mercy—yea, acknowledge your unworthiness before God at all times.

We all mess up and fall short. Strive to do good and pray for others as they struggle. We’re all on God’s team.

...Father, please forgive my many mistakes. Help me recognize when my thoughts and actions are less than they should be so I can choose better ones. I need your help to succeed.

307

Alma 40:3 Behold, he bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead. But behold, my son, the resurrection is not yet. Now, I unfold unto you a mystery; nevertheless, there are many mysteries which are kept, that no one knoweth them save God himself. But I show unto you one thing which I have inquired diligently of God that I might know—that is concerning the resurrection.

God knows it all, I don’t need to. My job is to trust in Him and let him take care of the rest.

...Father, please help me to study and learn thy truths. Help me to keep faithful to thee even when I don’t understand something. Faith is part of the journey here on earth. You’ve told us that blessings come after we have faith. That includes remaining faithful even if we don’t have the whole picture. Thanks for being in control and loving and helping us along the way.

308

Alma 40:11-14 Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection,... the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life. ...the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise,

... the spirits of the wicked, ... shall be cast out into outer darkness; ...and a state of awful, fearful looking for the fiery indignation of the wrath of God upon them; thus they remain in this state, as well as the righteous in paradise, until the time of their resurrection.


We all return to God after death. Our actions and thoughts now will determine what our waiting time is like.. Do you wanna wait peacefully or miserably for your resurrection?

...Father, help me to want and do good, not evil. May I be an example that will help others to find thy peace too.

309

Alma 40:21 But whether it be at his resurrection or after, I do not say; but this much I say, that there is a space between death and the resurrection of the body, and a state of the soul in happiness or in miseruntil the time which is appointed of God that the dead shall come forth, and be reunited, both soul and body, and be brought to stand before God, and be judged according to their works.

God knows the plan. He is in control. I can make my work good and follow his plan as best I can.

...Father, I do not control others, I only control myself. Please help me to do what is pleasing in thy sight and be good with thee.

310

Alma 41:7 These are they that are redeemed of the Lord; yea, these are they that are taken out, that are delivered from that endless night of darkness; and thus they stand or fall; for behold, they are their own judges, whether to do good or do evil.

At our judgment day, we will see our own good or evil thoughts, acts, and words and then I will know if I chose God or not.

...Father, help me to do good and desire good. Help me to be kind to all. Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment