Monday, August 5, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 311-320

     Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

311

Alma 41:14 Therefore, my son, see that you are merciful unto your brethren; deal justly, judge righteously, and do good continually; and if ye do all these things then shall ye receive your reward; yea, ye shall have mercy restored unto you again; ye shall have justice restored unto you again; ye shall have a righteous judgment restored unto you again; and ye shall have good rewarded unto you again.

We get what we give… I want to receive mercy, fairness, and goodness. I will try to be aware of my actions, thoughts, and words. Am I giving what I want? How can I change and be more kind?

Father, I know you are just, yet through our Savior’s atonement, we can receive mercy. Help me to become aware of what I’m giving others. Help me to give kindness and hope. Thanks for the hope your gospel brings me!

312

Alma 42:15 And now, the plan of mercy could not be brought about except an atonement should be made; therefore God himself atoneth for the sins of the world, to bring about the plan of mercy, to appease the demands of justice, that God might be a perfect, just God, and a merciful God also.

God is a god of truth and justice. Through Christ we receive mercy, if we follow him with a true and honest heart. Start with a desire to know what God wants us to do, then a desire to do His will, then go try!

...Father, I wanna do what I believe is right and good. Sometimes I’m frustrated or angry and I want vengeance instead. Help me to stay focused with an eternal view and keep being kind, because I can.

313

Alma 42:23 But God ceaseth not to be God, and mercclaimeth the penitent, and mercy cometh because of the atonement; and the atonement bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead; and the resurrection of the dead bringeth back men into the presence of God; and thus they are restored into his presence, to be judged according to their works, according to the law and justice.

Penitent means repentant or those who are sorry and try to fix the wrong they’ve done. If we keep trying to do good and repair and learn from our mistakes, we will receive mercy.

...Father, What wrongs can I fix today? Please help me to prevent more wrongs today because I slowed down and chose thy right path the first time.

314

Alma 43:4 ...therefore they made preparations for war; yea, they gathered together their armies in the land of Jershon.

How are we preparing for war against Satan? We are surrounded by many good people. Let us join together and surround ourselves with Soldiers of Christ to defeat Satan.

...Father, if we heed not Satan, he cannot have any control over us. Help me today to be a soldier for Christ in this battle of good and evil. Please help me surround myself with goodness and spread your light.

315

Alma 43:23 But it came to pass, as soon as they had departed into the wilderness Moroni sent spies into the wilderness to watch their camp; and Moroni, also, knowing of the prophecies of Alma, sent certain men unto him, desiring him that he should inquire of the Lord whither the armies of the Nephites should go to defend themselves against the Lamanites.

A good leader relies and help from prophets. What is some of the most recent council that we’ve received from our prophets? Are we following that council to defend ourselves from Satan?

...Father, thank you for giving us 15 prophets, seers, and revelators to guide us on this earthly journey. I pray for them and their families as they fulfill this role. Strengthen and guide them with thy peace, please.

316

Alma 43:26 And he caused that all the people in that quarter of the land should gather themselves together to battle against the Lamanites, to defend their lands and their country, their rights and their liberties; therefore they were prepared against the time of the coming of the Lamanites.

What do we need to be prepared for? Spiritual dangers, Physical needs and our own health, Natural disasters that could happen near us? Take the time today to learn a little about how you can be more prepared to keep yourself and others safe during these earthly battles.

...Father, please help me use my time wisely and not be deceived by Satan’s tactics. Guide me to be prepared to protect me and my family from spiritual and physical dangers.

317

Alma 43:50 And they began to stand against the Lamanites with power; and in that selfsame hour that they cried unto the Lord for their freedom, the Lamanites began to flee before them; and they fled even to the waters of Sidon.

We cannot make it through the trials of this earth life on our own. God provides the safe path and the power.

...Father, I pray for strength to want to do thy will and to do thy will.

318

Alma 44:3 But now, ye behold that the Lord is with us; and ye behold that he has delivered you into our hands. And now I would that ye should understand that this is done unto us because of our religion and our faith in Christ. And now ye see that ye cannot destroy this our faith.

Our faith is ours. No one can take that away from us. We must keep our faith strong by doing the small things daily that help us remember.

...Father, Thank you for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Thank you for the strength and peace that the gospel of Christ has brought into my life. Please help me to keep my faith strong.

319

Alma 44:15 Now there were many, when they heard these words and saw the scalp which was upon the sword, that were struck with fear; and many came forth and threw down their weapons of war at the feet of Moroni, and entered into a covenant of peace. And as many as entered into a covenant they suffered to depart into the wilderness.

Covenant of peace. What can we stop doing that will help us be peace makers? What conflicts can we choose to set aside?

...Father, we want your peace which comes from being righteous and trying our best to obey thee. Please help me to be a peacemaker today. Help me find and walk thy paths with kindness and thy love.

320

Alma 45:1 Behold, now it came to pass that the people of Nephi were exceedingly rejoiced, because the Lord had again delivered them out of the hands of their enemies; therefore they gave thanks unto the Lord their God; yea, and they did fast much and pray much, and they did worship God with exceedingly great joy.

Try to recognize God’s help in your day. Try to silently thank him all though the day as you notice his hand in your life. Thank him aloud when appropriate.

...Father, sometimes I am not sure how to worship you. I know going to church is one form of worship. So is Praying to you and telling you thank you, Singing to or about thee is. How else would you like me to worship thee?


No comments:

Post a Comment