Sunday, August 11, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 341-350

  Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

341

Alma 52:30 Now Lehi was not desirous to overtake them till they should meet Moroni and his army.

We do not have to fight our spiritual or physical battles alone – we should use the help of others. God wants to help us, we just need to ask.

...Father, thanks for many folks you’ve place in my path to help me along this journey. Thanks for Thy help when I feel alone. You’re always there and will never leave me. Please help me be a help to others you place in my path.

342

Alma 52:38 And it came to pass that when the Lamanites had heard these words, their chief captains, all those who were not slain, came forth and threw down their weapons of war at the feet of Moroni, and also commanded their men that they should do the same.

What are our weapons of war and how can we throw them down? We can analyze if our actions are lifting others to Christ or pushing them away from Him. Then find ways to help us feel the Spirit in each interaction of our day.

...Father, I have many things I do that push me and others away from The Spirit. Please help guide me as I strive to find ways to help myself and others stay close to The Spirit today.

343

Alma 53:10 ...by the power and word of God, they had been converted unto the Lord; ...

The Spirit converts us to Christ, people do not convert us. Let us use God’s words and strive to live in a way that others can follow to find Jesus.

...Father, thanks for helping me learn of Jesus and Thee and The Spirit. Thanks for thy peace I feel when I study thy word and try to do what I believe you would have me do.

344

Alma 53:20-21 And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all—they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted. Yea, they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him.

How would others describe us? If you want to be described with certain traits, develop them. Become the person you’d want to be.

...Father, please help me to become the person you know and want me to be. Guide me to paths of goodness and ways of peace.

345

Alma 54:10 ...we will maintain our religion and the cause of our God.

Are we committed to doing what we believe is right, especially when it’s hard? When we have hard times, what can we remember that will give us the strength to continue staying faithful?

...Father, I wanna stay strong in my faith of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Please help me find the strength when I’m weak, tired, and overwhelmed to do right and strengthen my faith.

346

Alma 55:12 And behold, if ye do not this, I will come against you with my armies; yea, even I will arm my women and my children, and I will come against you, and I will follow you even into your own land, which is the land of our first inheritance; yea, and it shall be blood for blood, yea, life for life; and I will give you battle even until you are destroyed from off the face of the earth.

What do we desire? What are we willing to fight for because we know it’s right? We need to continue daily to come closer to Jesus and Heavenly Father.

...Father, help me live in a way that I can have the Holy Spirit’s guidance and comfort every moment of my life.

347

Alma 55:31 But behold, the Nephites were not slow to remember the Lord their God in this their time of affliction. They could not be taken in their snares; yea, they would not partake of their wine, save they had first given to some of the Lamanite prisoners.

Satan uses many different snares to help us fail. When we know his tricks, we can avoid them.

...Father, thanks for the scriptures which help us know the devil’s tactics so we can avoid them. Please guide us today. Help us to avoid Satan’s snares and stay firmly on thy path.

348

Alma 56:8 But I would not suffer them that they should break this covenant which they had made, supposing that God would strengthen us, insomuch that we should not suffer more because of the fulfilling the oath which they had taken.

How can we help others keep their baptismal and temple covenants. If my suggestions, actions, or words are moving others away from the spirit, I need to stop, apologize, and quickly return to God’s path.

...Father, please forgive my mistakes. Help me to be a strength to others and fulfill my covenants.

349

Alma 56:17 ...those sons of mine, gave them great hopes and much joy.

What can we do today that will bring joy and hope to others?

...Father, when I stay focused on Christ and ‘think celestial,’ It’s easier to have a positive, helpful attitude.

350

Alma 56:47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

Whose faith can we rely on when ours is weak? How can we become the person that will help strengthen others in their times of weakness?

...Father, there are many people you’ve place in my path that have helped build my testimony and shape me into the person I’ve become. Thanks for the following people who have helped me __.


No comments:

Post a Comment