Sunday, August 18, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 351-360

  Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

351

Alma 56:48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.

Oft times when we’re unsure, the faith of others we trust can lead us in the right paths.

...Father, Thanks for the many good examples you’ve place in my path to bring me back to you. May I continue to strengthen my faith and come to know thee better.

352

Alma 57:9 And it came to pass that we did camp round about the city for many nights; but we did sleep upon our swords, and keep guards, that the Lamanites could not come upon us by night and slay us, which they attempted many times; but as many times as they attempted this, their blood was spilt.

We must prepare and be alert for Satan’s attacks. What did you do today to help you be spiritually strong?

...Father, thanks for the opportunity to pray and ask for your protection. Thanks for the guidance of the Holy Spirit to warn and help me avoid Satan’s attacks. Thanks for Jesus who made a way for us to always return when we mess up.

353

Alma 57:21 Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the worlds which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them.

How can we obey God with exactness each day? The world will be a much better place when we all choose to obey God with all our might the first time.

...Father, may I be found worthy when Jesus comes again. Help me to recognize ways to obey thee with more exactness.

354

Alma 57:35 And behold, we are again delivered out of the hands of our enemies. And blessed is the name of our God; for behold, it is he that has delivered us; yea, that has done this great thing for us.

Be Thankful. Strive today to give God thanks for as many things as you can.

...Father, even when things are hard, confusing, and chaotic, there are things to be thankful for. Please help me recognize thy goodness and blessings today.

355

Alma 58:11 Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him.

The Holy Spirit can give us peace, help us strengthen our faith and stay hopeful each day. What can we do today to stay close to The Spirit so we can have that help?

...Father, Thank you for the Holy Spirit’s help in this earthly journey. Help me learn how The Spirit communicates with my soul so I can come closer to thee.

356

Alma 58:37 But, behold, it mattereth not- we trust God will deliver us, not withstanding the weakness of our armies, yea, and deliver us out of the hands of our enemies

Our circumstances should not drag us down to grumpiness. God is the way to peace. If we keep a celestial view, the bigger picture, it’ll help the little things not be so overwhelming.

...Father, thanks for teaching us about your Plan of Happiness. Please help me focus on the bigger picture in my interactions and choices today. May I make small choices that can make a big difference!

357

Alma 58:40 But behold, they have received many wounds; nevertheless they stand fast in that liberty wherewith God has made them free; and they are strict to remember the Lord their God from day to day; yea, they do observe to keep his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments continually; and their faith is strong in the prophecies concerning that which is to come.

How can we be stricter, firmer, committed to doing all God’s asked us to do with faith in a good ending?

...Father, you tell us that with faith in thee and our Savior, nothing, that is righteous) shall be impossible for us. Please help me today to hold onto my faith that I get to keep trying, repenting, and there’s always hope for everyone because of Jesus.

358

Alma 60:3-4 And now behold, I say unto you that myself, and also my men, and also Helaman and his men, have suffered exceedingly great sufferings; yea, even hunger, thirst, and fatigue, and all manner of afflictions of every kind. But behold, were this all we had suffered we would not murmur nor complain.

Are we quick to complain or be grateful? Try to recognize when your thoughts or words are complaining and see what you can find to be grateful for. Then Thank God!

...Father, I’m sorry I complain so much. I am truly blessed. Thanks for ____.

359

Alma 60:14 And now behold, I say unto you, I fear exceedingly that the judgments of God will come upon this people, because of their exceeding slothfulness, yea, even the slothfulness of our government, and their exceedingly great neglect towards their brethren, yea, towards those who have been slain.

Am I slothful? What do I do with my time that God has given me? Why did he give me this day and what can I do to show I’m grateful for it? How can I use today to improve?

...Father, Thanks for the opportunity to think about how I’ll use my time each day. I can choose a few things that I feel are most important and go forth with the Holy Spirit as my guide to do much good and become more like thee.

360

Alma 60:20 Have ye forgotten the commandments of the Lord your God? Yea, have ye forgotten the captivity of our fathers? Have ye forgotten the many times we have been delivered out of the hands of our enemies?

Have you forgot” was said 3 times. What have we forgotten that, if remembered, can help us remain hopeful, positive, and a stronger tool for God?

...Father, thanks for the reminder to remember. Thanks for thy council to keep a journal so we can go back and find strength and learning from our past.


No comments:

Post a Comment