Sunday, August 18, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 361-270

  Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

361

Alma 60:32 ...your iniquity is for the cause of your love of glory and the vain things of the world.

What causes me to go off God’s path. Is it worth it in the eternal view?

...Father, please guide me to thy paths. Help me recognize where I’m going astray so I can choose a better path with eternal blessings.

362

Alma 61:9 And now, in your epistle you have censured me, but it mattereth not; I am not angry, but do rejoice in the greatness of your heart. I, Pahoran, do not seek for power, save only to retain my judgment seat that I may preserve the rights and the liberty of my people. My soul standeth fast in that liberty in the which God hath made us free.

How do I response when censured (punished or disapproved)? I can learn to accept other's words and after contemplating them, judge them against God’s standards before deciding if I find them of worth or not. Others’ opinions do not change my value.

...Father, I know you’re a just God and we don’t see the whole picture like you do. I am grateful that others want to help me. Please help me to be more gracious as others censure me. Help me to find thy truth and move forward with faith and hope.

363

Alma 62:1 And now it came to pass that when Moroni had received this epistle his heart did take courage, and was filled with exceedingly great joy because of the faithfulness of Pahoran,...

Who helps us have more courage and joy? Whose example of faith in our Savior gives us the strength to keep trying?

...Father, I’ve met lots of folks in my journey on earth. Thanks for the courageous, faithful and positive examples of ____.

364

Alma 62:19 Now Moroni was desirous that the Lamanites should come out to battle against them, upon the plains; but the Lamanites, knowing of their exceedingly great courage, and beholding the greatness of their number, therefore they durst not come out against hem; therefore they did not come to battle in that day.

How can we be known for great courage? What can I do today to challenge and strengthen my faith in Christ?

...Father, I pray for your help as I step out of my comfort zone and courageously strengthen my faith in thee. Thanks for the promise that you’ll never lead me astray and you’re always there to talk to.

365

Alma 62:36 And it came to pass that Teancum in his anger did go forth into the camp of the Lamanites, and did let himself down over the walls of the city. And he went forth with a cord, from place to place, insomuch that he did find the king; and he did cast a javelin at him, which did pierce him near the heart. But behold, the king did awaken his servants before he died, insomuch that they did pursue Teancum, and slew him.

Let us make sure that we do not go in anger but go with God’s blessing. We can choose to have a soft answer, which is hard, yet doable.

...Father, anger is a strong emotion and one we need to learn to control. Help me find ways to calm myself so I can think and act clearly and with thy spirit as my guide.

366

Alma 62:49-51 But notwithstanding their riches, or their strength, or their prosperity,... they did humble themselves exceedingly before him. Yea, they did remember how great things the Lord had done for them,... And they did pray unto the Lord their God continually, insomuch that the Lord did bless them, according to his word, so that they did wax strong and prosper in the land.

Remember our blessings and the blessings of those righteous folks who lived before us. If we want a blessing, we need to live worthy of and ask for that blessing, then wait hopefully for God’s timing.

...Father, I am truly blessed. I have scriptures that tell of others who have been blessed because of their faithfulness. Please help me to become a tool in thy hands to bless others.

367

Alma 63:2 And he was a just man, and he did walk uprightly before God; and he did observe to do good continually, to keep the commandments of the Lord his God; and also did his brother.

How do we become just, upright, and doing good continually? How do we help our family to keep God’s commandments and do good too?

...Father, I pray for your help and guidance to learn to be fair and to do good continually as I obey thee.

368

Helaman 1:6 And it came to pass that Pacumeni, when he saw that he could not obtain the judgment-seat, he did unite with the voice of the people.

How can we resolve different opinions? If we keep a celestial view, it’ll help us focus on God and others more than us.

...Father, thanks for many freedoms that allow me to worship thee, learn, and choose my paths. It also allows others to live in the way they choose. May I be an example of thee. Thanks.

369

Helaman 1:18 And it came to pass that because of so much contention and so much difficulty in the government, that they had not kept sufficient guards in the land of Zarahemla; for they had supposed that the Lamanites durst not come into the heart of their lands to attack that great city Zarahemla.

We need to always be on guard against evil. Satan does not sleep and will not quit trying to drag us down. We are on God’s team, and we know that Jesus wins in the end.

...Father, please help me to live worthy of being on your team. Guide me to guard myself against all evil, no matter how big or small it is.

370

Helaman 1:28 But when Moronihah had discovered this, he immediately sent forth Lehi with an army round about to head them before they should come to the land Bountiful.

How would our day be different if we immediately protected ourselves and others when evil was found? Satan wouldn’t get in because we never gave him the chance.

...Father, I wanna be strong against evil. Please help me remember the small things I can do daily to keep close to thy spirit. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment