Saturday, August 24, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 381-390

  Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

381

Helaman 6:1 ...their righteousness did exceed that of the Nephites, because of their firmness and their steadiness in the faith.

We need to be firm and steady in our faith in Christ. To be steady is constantly, daily doing what we know God expects us to do. Being firm is choosing to do it because we choose to not because we have to.

...Father, as I come to know thee and Jesus, my desire to do thy will increases. Thanks for helping me practice living your gospel principles. As I gain my own experiences, they help me to be more firm and steadfast because I’ve felt thy peace and strength.

382

Helaman 6:20-21 And now it came to pass that when the Lamanites found that there were robbers among them they were exceedingly sorrowful; and they did use every means in their power to destroy them off the face of the earth. But behold, Satan did stir up the hearts of the more part of the Nephites, insomuch that they did unite with those band of robbers...

When faced with a wrong choice, do I welcome it or use every means in my power to choose a right path? Satan is subtle and we have the Holy Spirit to help us.

...Father, please help me to live in a way that I can have The Holy Spirit warn me and confirm that I’m making the right choice that’s please thee. Help me to recognize truth from error. Thanks for helping me conquer earth’s trials.

383

Helaman 6:35-36 And thus we see that the Spirit of the Lord began to withdraw from the Nephites, because of the wickedness and the hardness of their hearts. And thus we see that the Lord began to pour out his Spirit upon the Lamanites, because of their easiness and willingness to believe in his words.

Do we doubt or easily believe God and his helpers? Are we willing or hesitant to believe his words? If we believe and are willing, we will try to follow them.

...Father, I know you’re a real, eternal, resurrected person who has had earthly challenges at some point of your eternal journey. You have learned to control your emotions and desires. You want only what is best for us and are willing to help all of us, your kids, return to thee. We just have to live by the rules you’ve established which bless us.

384

Helaman 6:37 And it came to pass that the Lamanites did hunt the band of robbers of Gadianton; and they did preach the word of God among the more wicked part of them, insomuch that this band of robbers was utterly destroyed from among the Lamanites.

The word of God can change hearts and lives. When we’re not sure what to say, use God’s words. Let Him put words into our mouths, through The Spirit, and bless others.

.Father, thanks for believing in me. I’m perfectly imperfect, yet willing to be your helper to bless others. It’s uncomfortable to do new things, yet I know when I’m doing your errand, you’re always with me and if you’re with me, none can stand against me.

385

Helaman 7:16 Yea, how could you have given way to the enticing of him who is seeking to hurl away your souls down to everlasting misery and endless wo?

If we could clearly see Satan’s intention with each temptation he gives, the choice would be easy. He wants us to be forever miserable. God wants to bless us forever with each choice he gives.

...Father, please help me to remember this verse so I can easily kick out Satan’s choices and stay on your path of peace, joy, and strength! Thanks!

386

Helaman 8:3 ...and nothing did he speak which was contrary to the commandments of God.

Our life would be so much better if we only spoke that which aligned with God’s commandments.

...Father, overcoming the habits and culture of our world sometimes seems daunting. Help me recognize and find ways to speak in line with thy ways.

387

Helaman 8:15 …even so as many as should look upon the Son of God with faith, having a contrite spirit, might live, even unto that life which is eternal.

When we have a contrite (repentant) heart, we want to quickly return to God’s paths. We recognize the joy and peace that comes from doing God’s will and the misery from choosing wrong.

...Father, I make plenty of wrong choices yet want to continue trying to do thy will. Thanks for never giving up on me.

388

Helaman 8:24 And now, seeing ye know these things and cannot deny them except ye shall lie, therefore in this ye have sinned, for ye have rejected all these things, not withstanding so many evidences which ye have received; yea, even ye have received all things, both things in heaven, and all things which are in the earth, as a witness that they are true.

There are witnesses of God’s majesty and grace all around us. Look for them. Let The Spirit bear witness to your soul as you discover!

...Father, you’ve surrounded me with your goodness. Thank you that today I noticed __.

389

Helaman 9:4-5 And now behold, when they saw this they were astonished exceedingly, insomuch that they fell to the earth; for they had not believed the words which Nephi had spoken concerning the chief judge.

God only speaks truth. If we are unsure of the truthfulness of what a prophet says, we can ask God to confirm the truth to us. He will not lead us astray.

...Father, Thanks for the comfort I feel from knowing that you’ll never speak untruth to me. You will never let The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints be led by a false prophet.

390

Helaman 9:18 And it came to pass that the five were liberated on the day of the burial. Nevertheless, they did rebuke the judges in the words which they had spoken against Nephi, and did contend with them one by one, insomuch that they did confound them.

When we know truth and stand up for God, He’ll give us the words to speak. By the Holy Spirit, others will be confounded or recognize God’s truths.

...Father, please help me to live in a way that I’ll always have the Holy Spirit to guide my words and bring others to thee.


No comments:

Post a Comment