Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 401-410

  Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

401

Helaman 14:13 And if ye believe on his name ye will repent of all your sins, that thereby ye may have a remission of them through his merits.

If...then. If we believe in Jesus, Then we’ll repent of ALL our sins. It’ll take small changes over time, and striving to focus on Jesus daily. Not quitting.

...Father, I believe in Jesus, its me that I struggle with. Please help me to keep going in your direction.

402

Helaman 14:28 And the angel said unto me that many shall see greater things than these, to the intent that they might believe that these signs and these wonders should come to pass upon all the face of this land, to the intent that there should be no cause for unbelief among the children of men

God wants all to know and believe. What do I need to do to strengthen my faith and be more believing?

...Father, I believe that you’re there. Jesus created this amazing world for us to learn and become like thee. You are always there for us to visit with and have given us many wonderful things that help us know you’re there!

403

Helaman 14:31 He hath given unto you that ye might know good from evil, and he hath given unto you that ye might choose life or death; and ye can do good and be restored unto that which is good, or have that which is good restored unto you; or ye can do evil, and have that which is evil restored unto you.

What we do to others, we do to our selves because we get what we give. If we wanna receive kindness and respect, we need to give it.

...Father, thanks for opportunities to get out of our comfort zone and become better versions of ourselves. May we use our amazing bodies to bring thee glory.

404

Helaman 15:7 And behold, ye do know of yourselves, for ye have witnessed it, that as many of them as are brought to the knowledge of the truth, and to know of the wicked and abominable traditions of their fathers, and are led to believe the holy scriptures, yea, the prophecies of the holy prophets, which are written, which leadeth them to faith on the Lord, and unto repentance, which faith and repentance bringeth a change of heart unto them

Our hearts will become more Christlike as we do things that require our faith and as we continually turn to God in an effort to do and be better.

...Father, I’m a stubborn, determined person. Help me as I strive to be stubbornly determined to do only what is pleasing to thee.

405

Helaman 16:2 ...the spirit of the Lord was with him, insomuch that they could not hit him with their stones neither with their arrows.

When we live in a way that the Spirit is always our companion, we are able to do things we can’t do on our own.

...Father, please bless me with an added measure of thy spirit today to guide me, protect me, and help me have the courage to do right when I’m feeling weak.

406

Helaman 16:22 And many more things did the people imagine up in their hearts, which were foolish and vain; and they were much disturbed, for Satan did stir them up to do iniquity continually; yea, he did go about spreading rumors and contentions upon all the face of the land, that he might harden the hearts of the people against that which was good and against that which should come.

Challenge our thoughts. God =good, Satan =bad. Satan tries to fill our minds with yuck.. let us be the directors and editors of the scripts that are in our minds. Let us delete the junk and retain the good.

...Father, please protect my mind from Satan’s tactics. Help me to be aware of when I’m letting yuck in so I can replace it with good. Thanks for awesome music that brings thy spirit and peace.

407

3 Nephi 1:13 Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the sign be given, and on the morrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfill all that which I have caused to be spoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.

Jesus came! He comforted the people and fulfilled all he said he would. We have a work to do. Let us do it with Jesus by our side.

...Father, thanks that Jesus did what he said he would. He made it possible for us to come to earth and for us to return home to thee. Help me to do my part and continually repent so I can live with thee and Jesus forever with my family.

408

3 Nephi 1:25 ...therefore in this same year were they brought to a knowledge of their error and did confess their faults.

God corrects those he loves. If we don’t know what we’re doing that is wrong, we can’t fix it and improve.

...Father, help me recognize my mistakes today and find the paths to fix the wrongs. I wanna have thy spirit with me always.

409

3 Nephi 2:1 And it came to pass that thus passed away the ninety and fifth year also, and the people began to forget those signs and wonders which they had heard, and began to be less and less astonished at a sign or a wonder from heaven, insomuch that they began to be hard in their hearts, and blind in their minds, and began to disbelieve all which they had heard and seen.

God has filled us with his spirit in the past many times. We need to constantly be looking for the good and seeking to do and be good.

...Father, thanks for the times I’ve felt your comforting peace. Please help me as I pray tonight to remember the goodness you placed in my day so I can tell ya thanks for it.

410

3 Nephi 2:12 Therefore, all the Lamanites who had become converted unto the Lord did unite with their brethren, the Nephites, and were compelled, for the safety of their lives and their women and their children, to take up arms against those Gadianton robbers, yea, and also to maintain their rights, and the privileges of their church and of their worship, and their freedom and their liberty.

What are we willing to do so we can continue to protect our families and our right to gather as saints to worship God? If we don’t stand up for what we believe, someone else will.

...Father, thanks for the many folks who stood up and fought for what they believed in with their words, ideas, examples, and lives so we can freely gather and worship thee.


No comments:

Post a Comment