Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 411-420

  Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

411

3 Nephi 3:11 And now it came to pass when Lachoneus received this epistle he was exceedingly astonished, because of the boldness of Giddianhi demanding the possession of the land of the Nephites, and also of threatening the people and avenging the wrongs of those that had received no wrong, save it were they had wronged themselves by dissenting away unto those wicked and abominable robbers.

Sometimes others words or actions may surprise us. We need to kindly, yet boldly stand with Christ doing what He expects of us.

...Father, Thanks for Jesus example of talking with people that he didn’t agree with. He was respectful, yet firm and unwavering in his duty and beliefs.

412

3 Nephi 3:12 Now behold, this Lachoneus, the governor, was a just man, and could not be frightened by the demands and the threatenings of a robber; therefore he did not hearken to the epistle of Giddianhi, the governor of the robbers, but he did cause that his people should cry unto the Lord for strength against the time that the robbers should come down against them.

When we are threatened, we can always turn to God and receive strength from Him!

...Father, there are many challenges in this world. Thanks for thy peace that I get from focusing on Jesus and thy plan of salvation. Please help me do thy will.

413

3 Nephi 3:25 And they did fortify themselves against their enemies; and they did dwell in one land, and in one body, and they did fear the words which had been spoken by Lachoneus, insomuch that they did repent of all their sins; and they did put up their prayers unto the Lord their God, that he would deliver them in the time that their enemies should come down against them to battle.

We must repent daily and strive to live worthy of the Holy Spirit’s companionship. If we do this, we will be strengthened against Satan.

...Father, I thank thee for the opportunity to repent. Please help me act and think in ways that will keep me in thy paths and with the Holy Spirit close by.

414

3 Nephi 4:10 But in this thing they were disappointed, for the Nephites did not fear them; but they did fear their God and did supplicate him for protection; therefore, when the armies of Giddianhi did rush upon them they were prepared to meet them; yea, in the strength of the Lord they did receive them.

Who do we fear? Are the things we’re concerned about of celestial value? How can I strive today to do all that is pleasing to God?

...Heavenly Father, You are all powerful and all knowing. Help me know if the things I’m focusing on are worth my time and energy. If they’re not, please help me find and focus on what’s important to thee.

415

3 Nephi 4:29 May the Lord preserve his people in righteousness and in holiness of heart,...

When we’re striving to do right and become better through repentance, God blesses us with his strength.

...Father thanks for the strength we can receive from keeping our covenants that we’ve made with thee. Thanks for temples where we can make more covenants and learn more about our purpose on earth.

416

3 Nephi 5:13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Am I living today as a disciple of Christ? Am I following Christ and repenting as soon as I can when I mess up?

.Father, thanks for the challenge and opportunity to be a disciple of Christ, a follower of thee. May I prove worthy of that title.

417

3 Nephi 5:20 I am Mormon, and a pure descendant of Lehi. I have reason to bless my God and my Savior Jesus Christ,that he hath given me and my people so much knowledge unto the salvation of our souls.

We are truly blessed. Take one minute sometime today and write or type the blessings you’re received because of Christ and his gospel. If prompted, share that list with someone.

...Father, thanks for teaching us about Thee, our Savior, Jesus Christ, and his gospel. Because of that knowledge, I am truly blessed.

418

3 Nephi 6:4 And they began again to prosper and to wax great; and the twenty and sixth and seventh years passed away, and there was great order in the land; and they had formed their laws according to equity and justice.

Are the rules and laws that we have helping us to do great things that are fair and helpful? Are we doing all we can to reach our potential?

...Father, thanks for a place where I can live and worship thee, try to become like thee, and share my testimony with others so they can also feel thy peace and strength.

419

3 Nephi 6:16-18 And thus Satan did lead away the hearts of the people to do all manner of iniquity; therefore they had enjoyed peace but a few years. And thus, in the commencement of the thirtieth year—the people having been delivered up for the space of a long time to be carried about by the temptations of the devil whithersoever he desired to carry them, and to do whatsoever iniquity he desired they should—and thus in the commencement of this, the thirtieth year, they were in a state of awful wickedness. Now they did not sin ignorantly, for they knew the will of God concerning them, for it had been taught unto them; therefore they did willfully rebel against God.


Are we allowing ourselves to be led away by Satan? Are we willfully rebelling against God? How can we recognize our rebellions and desire to bury them deep like the weapons of the Anti-Nephi-Lehi’s?

...Father, please help me to recognize my iniquities so I can get rid of them and replace them with actions, thoughts and words that align with Thy will.

I know that following Satan will only lead to misery. It’s only through overcoming our stubborn ways that we can truly find strength, joy, and peace… your peace!


420

3 Nephi 7:5 Now all this was done, and there were no wars as yet among them; and all this iniquity had come upon the people because they did yield themselves unto the power of Satan.

Am I yielding or giving up myself to Satan? Will I ever find blessings from yielding to Satan? What blessing can we receive from yielding or giving up ourselves to Christ?

...Father, thanks for a Savior who makes it possible for me to give up my wants for thine and receive blessings more wonderful than I can imagine. I get no such rewards when I yield to Satan. Please strengthen me to choose thee always.


No comments:

Post a Comment