Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Book of Mormon Minute, Pages 421-430

  Howdy! I have chosen one verse or phrase from each page of the Book of Mormon to share with my family daily.  See the list here...

Page                       Reference                                               My Thoughts

421

3 Nephi 7:18 And it came to pass that they were angry with him (Nephi), even because he had greater power than they, for it were not possible that they could disbelieve his words, for so great was his faith on the Lord Jesus Christ that angels did minister unto him daily.

How can we strengthen our faith so we have angels minister to us daily? What are we willing to sacrifice to have that blessing?

...Father, please guide me to know how I can change to become closer to thee and receive the blessing of daily conversing with thy angels, if it be thy will.

422

3 Nephi 8:3 And the people began to look with great earnestness for the sign which had been given by the prophet Samuel, the Lamanite, yea, for the time that there should be darkness for the space of three days over the face of the land.

Are we joyfully preparing for Jesus’ return? We can study God’s words to know the signs of his coming.

...Father, may I live worthy to welcome the Savior to the earth when he comes again. Thank you for thy help!

423

3 Nephi 8:23 And it came to pass that it did last for the space of three days that there was no light seen; and there was great mourning and howlinand weeping among all the people continually; yea, great were the groanings of the people, because of the darkness and the great destruction which had come upon them.

Will we mourn or praise God in the storm? Try today to remain faithful and remember… this is a test, it’s supposed to be hard.

...Father, please bless me with thy strength to avoid the temptations placed in my path today. Help me to stay close to the spirit. Thanks.

424

3 Nephi 9:2 Wo, wo, wo unto this people; wo unto the inhabitants of the whole earth except they shall repent; for the devil laugheth, and his angels rejoice, because of the slain of the fair sons and daughters of my people; and it is because of their iniquity and abominations that they are fallen!


Wo is a warning of a coming disaster… saying it 3 times implies a really huge disaster is coming if the people don’t repent. God wants to help us have joy, yet he will never force us.

...Father thank you for warnings. May I please have your guidance today to keep me on thy path? Thanks for helping me recognize my mistakes so I can repent and be filled with your joy.

425

3 Nephi 9:14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.

Christ denies none from receiving his mercy. We choose by our actions to accept or deny his invitation.

...Father, thank you for a merciful Savior and for endless opportunities to keep trying to improve.

426

3 Nephi 9:22 Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved.

Children are quick to forgive and return to peace and love and friendship. We can learn from their examples.

...Father, thanks for examples of your love and goodness!

427

3 Nephi 11:1 And now it came to pass that there were a great multitude gathered together, of the people of Nephi, round about the temple which was in the land Bountiful; and they were marveling and wondering one with another, and were showing one to another the great and marvelous change which had taken place.

After a huge disaster, the people gathered at the temple. The House of God is always a place where we can find God’s peace.

...Father, thanks for temples around the world. May I always strive and be worthy to go there.

428

3 Nephi 14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.

Jesus wants us to come to him, to know him so intimately that we understand the nail prints in his hands and feet and wound in his side are there because he loves us individually. He cares and will never leave us to navigate this earthly journey alone. The price has already been paid for us to return home. We need to do our part, act with faith in Him, and strive to improve and do great things with Him daily.

...Father, thanks for loving us so much and for a Savior who loves me personally and completely.

429

3 Nephi 11:29-30 For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another. Behold, this is not my doctrine, to stir up the hearts of men with anger, one against another; but this is my doctrine, that such things should be done away.

Contentious thoughts come from Satan. He wants us to be angry. God wants us to be firm against to those thoughts and acts and thrust them away. This brings peace and continued companionship of The Spirit.

...Father, I pray for your grace to help me recognized when Satan is trying to tempt me to be contentious. Please help me find and choose a peaceful path. Thanks for your help.

430

3 Nephi 11:34,38 And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned.And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and be baptized in my name, and become as a little child, or ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.

This is why we should share the gospel. Without the gospel, we cannot progress and be with God and our families for eternity.

...Father, thank you for the gospel knowledge I’ve received. Please use me as a tool to help others find your peace and blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment